“Outstanding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sisters
Long Hollow Guest Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Sisters B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2010

It's hard to know where to start :) I was expecting to ride up to twice a day, to be given all 3 meals a day and to have a room with ensuite facilities to myself - I received so much more. All the food was home cooked and of great variety - we never had the same thing twice! The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and I heard other guests say the same. Cleanliness was top quality. The attention to detail to make my trip really special and personal to me was quite unbelievable - I could ride who I wanted, when I wanted and where I wanted (school, trail and even round pen training). The scenery and location were superb - plenty of places to hike, fish, shop, visit and explore. The staff were the kindest, most accommodating I have ever met. Meals were eaten with wranglers, ranch owners and other guests creating a lovely family feel - Christian principles practised throughout the whole stay and generosity throughout to a fault (if that's possible) ...they even lent we their car for a few days... I can't wait to go back!! There just wasn't anything I didn't like.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Traveller186225

Reviewed October 2, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in the cottage and really enjoyed Long Hollow Ranch. There is a lot of history here, and the setting is beautiful. Although it may "feel" remote, it is really quite close to Sisters and Bend, and all those areas offer.

The food was great, plus Dick and Shirley were great hosts. If you really want to get a sense of the west, you should give this a try.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard W
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We were attracted by the anti Christian tirade of one reviewer and glad we were. We had a really warm welcome from Dick and Shirley who treated us like members of the family. We don't ride but instead walked up, down and around Smith Rock which is nearby and amazing.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank theRoyalBerk
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Went there for a stay of 7 days. Rented out the cottage and one of the rooms in the main house. The cottage was great. Gave us plenty of room to relax and not be on top of each other. The cottage is a little dated and could use some improvements, but still perfect for what we needed. The room inside the house was very comfortable with a really nice and new bathroom. It was decorated really nice. The food was great, the staff awesome. My kids (4 of them) had a vacation to always remember. They talk about it to this day. The horses were awesome. We were able to move about independently for some of the time. I would HIGHLY recommend this place. No TV, no internet. LOVED IT!!! No cell phone coverage....not so good. Really, can't say enough good things about the people and the kindness that they showed us!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank lv2sk8
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We stayed at Long Hollow over an extended Labor day Weekend, our third. We found it to be as relaxing and peaceful as ever.

It's quiet for those who want it that way - no TV! - and active for those who want to enjoy the ranch and the horse riding with the best young wranglers imaginable.

It is a true working family ranch - cattle, horses, barn cats, dogs (well-behaved, hardly a bark) - and we were offered the opportunity to be involved in ranch affairs - stable door hanging in our case - and some of the better riders went on a real cattle round up during our previous visit.

The location in central Oregon is beautiful, and the staff are wonderful, caring people. The friendly atmosphere was best represented at the family-around-the-table meals, where truly great food was served.

The period bedroom we stayed in was comfortable and well appointed in the 100+ refurbished historic main house.

We were also able to go to Sisters - a darling small Western town - which is only 20 minutes away, and I sampled one of the local golf courses, Aspen Lakes, which is spectacular.

We came away relaxed and refreshed from the best short vacation of our lives. We felt totally accepted as family friends from the moment we arrived and we left determined to be back as soon as possible.

IG/JG, Washington State, USA.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 1, 2007

We booked the cottage for me, my mum and my 3 children. We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, the riding was great, the location is stunning, the owners were warm and kind, and the highlight was the cook-out and carriage ride. It was a really lovely holiday and I genuinely enjoyed every minute. The location allows for some wonderful day trips into Sisters and Bend. Would whole heartedly recommend Long Hollow Ranch. (Incidentally, recommended the Ranch to my brother and girlfriend with no kids and they also had a great time!)

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank bythebeachfrance
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We stayed at the Long Hollow for a week. We were mystified to read the review that said it was Christian based! The owners, Dick and Shirley were away, but we were very well looked after by Lizzie the cook and the lovely wrangler girls.

An excellent place for beginners such as ourselves with patient tuition and gentle trails, although it was very hot and dusty in the afternoons so we mainly did morning rides and explored the area including the gorgeous town of Sisters with a fantastic coffee co.

Food was simple, plentiful and very tasty. Snacks like cookies and cupcakes were always around (unfortunately very good which didn't help our waistlines!). Alcohol is not offered, but it is no problem to bring your own to dinner.

An ideal location for a tranquil, low key vacation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank milliecoleman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
Five Pine Lodge & Spa
#4 of 4 in Sisters
No photo provided
Black Butte Ranch
#5 of 6 in Sisters

Been to Long Hollow Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!