“Perfect Spot for Relaxation and Getting out of the city”

Sisters Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Reviewed September 27, 2009

When driving into the lot, immediately we knew our stay was going to be enjoyable. The location in Sisters is perfect, the surrounding mountains are beautiful on a clear day (makes for beautiful walks around the community and town), and the minimal amount of rooms creates a less crowded atmosphere. Upon check-in the inn-keeper was so warm and welcoming, creating a seamless check-in process. Number 10 provides a beautiful view with cozy, comfortable decor. I hear all the other rooms have their own unique feel and decor. We look forward to our next trip to SML with the rest of our family.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 29, 2009

It is hard to add to the information given here by other guests. We did not hear any noise through the walls. Perhaps we didn't have next door neighbors. Also, our shower had plenty of water pressure. The feeling of old-fashioned "personality" is a relief from the slick hotels. When I phoned Mary, the owner, for information about the TV-DSL she gave good directions and offered to come over to help. (That turned out not to be necessary.) We ate breakfast at a little Ski Inn where the locals gather. Then we toured a couple of antique stores. For quilters and other hand crafters, stop in at the Stichin' Post. I ended up buying a pattern for a "Church Lady Apron" because the Sisters Motor Lodge put me in the mood to do something creative. (For the husbands, there is a hardware store nearby.)

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I had great hopes for my stay at the Sisters Motor Lodge. The location was fantastic; easy to walk everywhere in Sisters. The grounds were lush and green and the views of the mountains were stunning. I love old funky motels, and this had the right look. Quilts and great original architectural details; a screened door and pots of flowers outside. Upon check-in I was thrilled, although I thought $110 for a single with dog was a lot for what I was getting in terms of amenities. Everything was fine until my wall-mates returned. They were not especially noisy folks, but the walls in the room are SO THIN that I could actually hear the crackling of their plastic grocery bags, and every word of their TV show. Every cough, every bang of the door . . . it was not restful. I left disappointed and don't think I'll be back, even though I love the Sisters area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank NewportMania
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We traveled to Sisters on our 3 week vacation and choosing to stay at the Sister's Motor Lodge was purely an economic choice. What a surprise when we drove up to the Lodge!! Beautiful grounds with terrific views of the mountains "The Three Sisters" and the rooms are certainly above average for what you usually get for the cost. Our room was $95 (usually $110 a night cabin #11 but we received an upgrade as the small cabins were alrented rented.
Early every evening wild deer visit the grounds . The cabin was very clean with plenty of room and included a full kitchen, lovely bedding and nice covered patio for viewing the 3 Sisters.The location could not be better, located just outside of the main part of town.it is a beautiful and quaint town with beautiful scenery and lots of clean air and I would definitely stay at the Sister's Motor Lodge again.
St. Louis Mo. & Pocahontas, Ar.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toopocahontas
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This was such a great find! I have stayed now numerous times and can't seem to get enough of the place. The beds are comfortable and the rooms simply ooze charm. It is the only place to stay in Central Oregon.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank jenaleventhal
Reviewed October 20, 2008

I had the most wonderful stay here! I was out west for a reunion and wanted to stay a couple nights in Sisters because I had heard rave reviews from friends of mine who vacation in Black Butte. I found Sisters Motor Lodge on-line and was pleasantly surprised by its loveliness. This motel is personal in a way that is so greatly missing in the Motel 8s and Best Westerns of the world, from the fresh flowers in my room to the friendly owner who greeted me upon arrival. I had great access to the downtown,restaurants and local hiking trails. My room was clean and nicely decorated in a way that added to the old-time hospitality which characterizes this place. Sisters Motor Lodge has all the charm of a B&B with the privacy and affordability of a motel. I will most assuredly be visiting again!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We stayed in #9 at Sisters Motor Lodge on Sept 25 & 26th. It is a cute little 50's era motel that has been personalized by the proprietors. Apparently each room has a theme. Ours seemed to be country ? as there were a lot of quilts and hand made pillow covers, etc. In fact, if you like pillows you'll love this room as there are dozens of them. The beds are pretty comfortable and the bedding was nice-- not cheap and very fresh. There are little bowls of candy/chocolates in the room and a coffee maker. I would've liked a mini-fridge, however, and I think for the rates they charge it would be appropriate to have one in each room. Also, the water pressure in the shower was super low, but whatever. I liked that the room has digital cable and a VCR/DVD player. You can borrow DVDs/Videos from their small collection at the front desk (or bring your own). There are also stacks of magazines and area guides--always a nice touch.
The grounds are pretty peaceful (except when the landscaping started at about 9:00 AM the second morning--ugh!). There are hammocks and picnic tables as well as a fenced-off water feature area w/ seating and a hot tub. There are two resident kitties who patrol the area. One of them spent a good part of the evening hanging out w/ us which was cool.
The location was great--a very easy stroll into the main commercial part of the town w/ restaurants, etc.
One small gripe I have is that the grounds and rooms are so lit up (they leave all the lights on in the vacant rooms--like they are on display) and the outdoor lights can't be turned off--so you can't see the stars. Although you can see the deer who walk by!
All in all a fine place for people who want something unique and cute rather than a place w/ the usual amenities and blando features.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
Best Western Ponderosa Lodge
Wall Street Suites
Wall Street Suites
#1 of 44 in Bend
The Lodge at Eagle Crest

Been to Sisters Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!