“What a sweet Deli”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
san jose
“What a sweet Deli”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Recently we spent time in Sisters, Oregon and were looking for a hometown deli. We found Ali's Deli and were so pleased. The owner Oreesa makes all the wonderful soups and hires high school kids to help out. she believes in giving the young people a chance to earn a summer wage. The group ordered Clam chowder, split pea soup and chicken noodle soup. all were yummy and when you order a cup of soup you actually get enough for two people. Her sandwiches were outstanding and she also has desserts. Oreesa is from Russia and also has a small gift shop next door with some of the arts and crafts being made by family members. when we left she came around and gave us all a hug and wished us a safe drive home. Please give this deli a visit. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012

Eugene, Oregon
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This place tries to be a deli. I ordered a sandwich and some iced tea. When they arrived the sandwich had plenty of meat and looked good. Unfortunately the meat was low quality cheaper deli style meat and not a better quality you would expect for $7.50. The iced tea -$1.50 - was only a 16 oz cup. I ate the sandwich and drank the iced tea. No refills were brought to me for the iced tea. When I asked for a refill I was told it would be another $1. I am not a coffee drinker and every other place I have eaten they do refills on iced tea.

If I were in Sisters Oregon I would look elsewhere for lunch.

• Visited May 2012
Sisters, Oregon
“Great Deli in Town!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This deli has been in town over 20 years. The last five years a very personable Russian lady runs the restaurant. In her Russian accent she tells everyone she loves them and all the men are her boyfriends. Her soups and quiches are always very fresh and excellent. She also has a wide variety of sandwiches to pick from. She also serves espresso and ice cream. We eat their weekly and think it’s the best!

• Visited May 2012