“Great location with a few complaints only”

Sisters Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sisters
Victoria, BC
“Great location with a few complaints only”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Visited with a girlfriend for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show and for the most part the room was great. Spacious, great location close to the centre of town, and clean. The only complaints were the dirty coffee pot from the previous guests (eww) and the bath mat was very tired. I sure wouldn't put that out for guests. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had read all the reviews about the cleanliness of this accommodation, but it was the only one available the weekend b4 the 4th.

Underneath the hide a bed was dust and trash (moldy food, human and pet hair). The hide a bed itself was filthy between the back and the seat (again, human and pet hair, and food). Ugh! Did not use. There was a tag from a clothing item on the floor under one of the beds (not very far under), indicating that the vacuuming was not thorough at all.

The outside is dismal. Furnishings are nice, too bad they don't keep the rooms up. The beds were terrible. Probably need to spend some money and replace. My daughter's bed side alarm went off at midnight and our refrigerators buzzed all night.

The coffee was horrible and they did not offer cream or milk. Chose not to have any breakfast there.

Unfortunately I would not recommend this establishment!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sisters hotels

Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was in town for a tournament with my son, his team and many other families. I was disappointed to say the least. We were greated with less than excitement or appreciation. At first I didn't think anything was too bad in my room....then i noticed the 2 inches of dust on my TV that I drew a happy face in and never got cleaned off our whole stay. My shower had hair in it and looked like someone had put their muddy hands on the shower wall and then it dripped down the side of the shower wall. I never got a hot shower the entire time we were there...maybe they should think about a bigger water tank for large weekends. The vending room had a washer and dryer..however they were broke and you could tell had been for a long time; so I had to wash my son's uniform in the sink. They say breakfast...but I actually had to take my son and his friends everyday to McDonald's to get breakfast. In such a cute little city with awesome people and great shops to visit...this hotel by far needs some help and staff who really care.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Stacey R
Albany, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

It looked fine, especially for the Priceline price. However, the place is just sad. The award winner for the moldiest shower head ever, hands down. After going out for dinner, we returned to the room that had been "cleaned up" by the maid, I guess? totally creeping us out that they came in the room after we'd checked in. Why? It looked clean enough before. I don't like intrusions, they can have it back after I check out. Unless a turn down service is mentioned or I order room service, don't bug! The "continental" breakfast offerings were so stale, I spit them out immediately. Yuk! Never again!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lisbat
Brush Prairie, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We've stayed here during the annual Sisters Folk Music Festival the past 4 years, basically because the rates are relatively good, it is in a good location and is, after all, available. (The town pretty much sells out every year for this festival.) The rooms are large and furniture is OK, but the kitchen is sparsely equipped at best. (Ours didn't even have a cork screw.) Our room was clean and the plumbing and lights worked fine. Still, the place, on balance, is on track toward shabby, if it isn't there yet.

The office help is less than stellar in appearance, manner and overall attitude -- sort of bush league. The help wasn't rude, by any means, but just not at all classy or especially helpful or attentive. When I went to the lobby one morning to get change for a newspaper no one was around. I finally went behidn the counter and took the little bell off a desk (where it was out of reach of customers who would be at the counter) and rang it several times. No response. Then, I glanced outside and saw the on-duty clerk having a cigarette and talking on her cell phone. I had to go and get her in order to get service. If I were going into the motel business in that town and was looking to hire away some help from other motels, I wouldn't even consider any of the three desk helpers on duty at various times during our stay this year.

The complimentary morning snack (certainly not a breakfast) is minimal -- clearly at the very low end of the scale compared to what most motels offer these days.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We arrived on a Friday night and were initially quite pleased. The room was large and nicely furnished with a comfortable king bed, full bathroom plus extra separate sink area. Two people certainly don't need more. The only thing we noticed was the king bed had only 2 standard-sized pillows; we found 2 more pillows in the dresser but no pillowcases. It was the next morning when I went to make coffee and saw the coffee pot had not been cleaned that I had my first real warning. Then, I noticed some black hairs in the sink like someone had trimmed their beard (I'm light haired & my husband gray) so things began to not look so good. My husband complained and received a profuse apology with assurance all would be taken care of. We went off for the day and when we returned we did have pillow cases on the extra pillows but also had the same foreign hair in the sink. Husband complained again; profuse apology again & we were assured housekeeper would be written up for this. BUT, no offer to come clean the sink! YUK! I can only wish we had read the other reviews before staying here. I was thinking our was just a bad day for the housekeeper but it doesn't look that way from the other reviewers. Unfortunate, really, because the room was really quite nice but cleanliness is more important than room size & furnishings! Stay Clear.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

There was a puddle of water on the bathroom floor which management would not address (the tank was leaking and the gentleman we spoke to said there were two units like that and he wouldn't repair them until there were five! Very annoying to use the toilet in the middle of the night and get up with your pajama legs soaked. No apologies tended.) No coffee maker in room. Toilet was filthy under the rim. Rug was filthy. Wifi instructions were inadequate. Guest computer was broken. Bird dung on stairs, walkways, and even railings was unhygenic. Coffee in the lobby was a joke. Stale pastry for "breakfast." Ha! Never again. Stayed two nights but obviously felt ripped off.

Room Tip: Avoid 228 - toilet leaks all over the floor. Best advice: avoid this motel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sisters
Best Western Ponderosa Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#39 of 44 in Bend
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rama Inn

Been to Sisters Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!