“An amazing find”

Cuisines: Thai
Boston, Mass.
“An amazing find”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We're from Boston, where we like to think we get to eat a lot of excellent Thai food. So when we stopped into this modest-looking little Thai restaurant in a modest-looking little Willamette Valley town, we were just hoping it would be decent. It was way, way better than decent. Everybody in our party loved the dish they ordered. The panang curry I had was quite simply the best Thai curry I've ever tasted. A wonderful sauce, with the zing of the aromatics, herbs and chile peppers perfectly balanced by the rich coconut and peanut flavors. The bowl was full of fresh vegetables cooked just enough, and accompanied by fluffy, moist rice. The service was efficient and courteous, but not effusive, which suited us just fine. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of food we were eating. All in all, it's hard to imagine a better Thai restaurant. I almost wanted to move to Silverton just so I could eat there every week.

• Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sequim, Washington
“Wife and I loved it...”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We heard from some of the locals that this was a great place for oriental food. I was very happy with the menu and could order food as hot as I liked (smokin') My wife ordered tame and it was perfect. The curry is great, the pot stickers are excellent and the pad thai is very good. We will eat here again. Very good service.

• Visited May 2012
US/NW
“good food, decent prices”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Locally-owned and run - real Thai food. Spicy! (ask for mild if you can't take the heat). Hot tea (Jasmine) very good. Prices about average for such a place ($9-13/entree). They seemed to do quite a bit of local take-out, which is always a good sign. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Visited November 2011
Spangdahlem, Germany
“Satisfying Thai on Water Street”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I stopped in here while exploring Silverton one hot summer afternoon on vacation. I was jus ta bit tired and needed a pick-me-up . . . their sweet cold thai iced tea and rich flavorfully spiced coconut milk soup sure did the trick!
It's a nice small business, with windows that look out the front on Silverton's quaint Water Street.
Our trip was fairly planned out (otherwise we might have gone back another day!) and this stop hadn't been scheduled, but I'm looking forward to returning on another trip.

• Visited August 2010
1 Thank LifeExpectations
Silverton, Oregon
“Best takeout in Silverton”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My family eats here quite often. We get take out most of the time but have eaten in the restaurant a few times. The place isn't anything fancy but the food is always delicious. It is a family run business and they always have great service. The crispy basil is one of our favorite dishes. Our daughter loves the chicken Satay.

• Visited May 2011