“Quiet, comfortable, exquisite flavors, wonderful menu! Must do!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Grille Cafe and Wines

Silver Grille Cafe and Wines
Reserve with OpenTable
Silver Grille Cafe and Wines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Water Street
Description: The Silver Grille has been serving 'Willamette Valley Cuisine'since 2000. As a "farm to table" restaurant our focus is on utilizing local products wherever possible, and growing produce for use in our restaurant. Our menu reflects what is available seasonally and changes accordingly. We would like to invite you to join us. Thank you
Oregon
“Quiet, comfortable, exquisite flavors, wonderful menu! Must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

We made online reservations only a few hours before we were going to arrive and when we got there they had our table all ready! The dining area is quaint, tastefully decorated and peaceful for a romantic evening. The food is incredible with local wines, locally grown produce and locally grown meats and cheeses. The garnishes on the plates are fresh from the Chefs garden out back! We enjoyed a lovely bowl of Cauliflower curry cream soup that had incredible flavor and the crostini's were delicious. We each enjoyed the Ahi tuna salad with Meyer lemon special and the Beef Cheek Raviolis accompanied by locally grown asparagus, zucchini, carrots. All garnished with borge and chive flowers. The service was top notch. The cost is reasonable for the amazing food the chef prepares. A must do if you are in Silverton. Make reservations. There were no tables available this evening!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Riverhaven

billings, mt
“gourmet food in a small town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner. The vegetables were very fresh and prepared perfectly. The schoolteacher salad with pickled pears, candied hazelnuts, blue cheese and sherry vinaigrette dressing was very tasty. We both enjoyed our entrée. The chocolate mousse bomb with blackberry ribbons was absolutely delicious. It was the creamiest chocolate mousse I have ever had. It is covered with a soft dark chocolate ganache and thick ribbons of blackberry sauce decorate the plate. We each had our own, and we are glad we did. Neither of us wanted to share! I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Martha R
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed Atmosphere, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great restaurant in the Willamette wine country; not much to add to the other reviews except to say that they have an interesting menu, which mostly works. My only reservation was that my mock-stuffed pork was a bit dry but it's a hard dish to get right every time and every one else loved their choices.

The entrees are around $20-$25 and you should probably get a reservation on weekends - a nice problem for any restaurant to have!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mersonfanclub
Indio, California
“Chef owned -- and it shows!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have always been a fan of chef-owned restaurants as there is a pride of ownership that rarely comes through with more corporate or business driven eateries. Silver Grille is currently my favorite in this category.

The menu is brief, selective, and the ingredients are local. The beef and lamb are raised within miles of the dining room, and the fish is most definitely Pacific. Pasta is made fresh daily. While you can play it safe (a salad and a steak -- but why?), the real artistry is elsewhere. I had the Lamb Bolognese with Yukon Gold Potato Gnocchi ($18) and my wife had the Rolled Pork Loin Involtini ($20). The only argument was who got the better dish. After some discussion, we agreed it was a tie.

Paired with a starter and a decent bottle of wine, expect to spend around $100 for 2 people. For the quality of the food and service, it's an excellent value. Since we live in the dining wasteland of Woodburn (about 15 miles away), Silver Grille is our choice for a great night out and we dine there about once a month. Also, the menu changes frequently, so I doubt that we'll see the same choices next month when we return.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Marc G
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Nice experience overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were in town for my birthday so decided to make an online reservation and try this chef owned restaurant. Nice casual, but intimate atmosphere, varied menu with prices on the high end for value given in my opinion. Flavor combinations were a bit strange when I read them, but I wasn't unhappy with my dinner, it just didn't wow me. They knew it was a Birthday dinner and the waiter did say 'Happy Birthday', but nothing else was offered. A bit disappointing for a celebratory dinner, but probably the best place in town to eat if you are in Silverton. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again.

• Visited October 2012