“Lovely little spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I was finally able to try Howard Hinsdale's last month. I went twice, once with a friend and once with my husband.

The service was great both times. Quick and friendly. I like the small area it is great for both a nice conversation with a friend or romantic evening out with my husband.

The food was good and the wine selection is great.

We will be going back for sure.

There are newer reviews for Howard Hinsdale Wine Celar

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I nice little wine bar with an interesting menu. I would describe the menu as a "tasting" menu. Lots of small plate items and a few dinner options. The cheese fondue is good with bread and apples served with a traditional swiss cheese fondue. The patio is beautiful over the creek. A nice place to visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Our hotel recommended we visit Howard Hinsdale Wine Cellar and we did. It is right in the middle of tiny Silverton on the River. We ate outdoors on the deck over the river (be sure to ask for a table there, weather permitting. It is delightful). There were four of us and we all ordered different dishes and all were quite good (my very fresh salmon was delicious). The entrees are not oversized and the prices are very modest. The waitress suggested a wine that accompanied everyone's meals. We adjoined inside to listen to two guitar players (the good old fashion ones without electronics!). It was a very pleasant weekday evening and we will go back when we visit the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

At the corner of the main street and the bridge crossing Silver Creek. Thought this was a winery (the name seems to imply), but it is a great place for a meal. We sat outside and enjoyed the inventive menu and wonderful local wine selections.

This would be our first choice on a return visit to Silverton.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We had a deal from local hotel for BOGO. It was fairly busy but the staff who we think was owner was pretty rude. Tried to order chicken option and had nuts in it and with severe allergy was told not very nicely that can't take nuts out. Of course when salad arrived it had nuts and when advised felt like we were putting him out. At least the beer was cheap and we won't be going back.

2  Thank Mraschio