“Delicious food, good value, great service, we're fans!”
Review of Gather

Ranked #3 of 42 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Lunch for four at The Gathering Spot last week was a delightful experience. From the bright and sparkling "all people are welcome here" ambiance and "we're glad you're here" focus of the servers to the delicous food. If this was in our neighborhood, my husband and I would be regulars.

The menu works equally as well for omnivores, vegetarians or vegans. Gluten free offerings also seemed available.

Lunch menu included two kinds of soup (change daily at $4 / cup or $6 / bowl), interesting salads ($9 - $10) and creative sandwiches ($10 - $11). For frame of reference for cost, one Hemp burger (vegan and highly recommended) that came with great sweet potato fries split by two with a cup of tomato basil soup added and one Cuban pork sandwich split by two that came with tomato basil soup with another cup added and coffee all around came to roughly $35. We all left full and happy.

Some reviewers have shared their unhappiness with the minmal $2 split plate fee. But it is waived if you order a second side. And it costs restaurants more to split food, so I would have had no problem had it applied for us. Which it didn't since second sides were ordered.

The bakery items looked tasty but we didn't indulge on this visit.

The coffee, from a local roaster, was great, and our cups were kept filled by the charming servers.

No wifi here it seems. Which I found delightful as it actually encourages folks to sit and talk to each other over a meal. Remember how that works? ;-)

There can be a wait for food to arrive out of the small kitchen when the restaurant is full. Trivial Pursuit cards are provided in a little dish at each table to help if you need to wait. We thought that was a fun touch.

And a big thumbs up to them that this is not "sardine can" tight seating as is increasingly common at restaurants. Lots of space to get around in between tables. Yeah!

Work of local artists displayed on walls is available for purchase.

1) From the level in entry and throughout, this was wheelchair accessible. Which works equally as well for folks traveling with strollers. Bathrooms were also accessible (AKA ADA compliant) and the ladies' loo had a great changing table for little ones.

2) A couple of outdoor tables for sidewalk dining when weather cooperates.

3) Metered on street parking is only 10 cents for two hours.

2  Thank piacere

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This cafe was recommended in a travel guide and we made a point to find it. Glad we did! Very cute, friendly staff and good, fresh food.

1  Thank bmonson
Reviewed September 4, 2012

By pure luck,we stopped for lunch after visiting Silver falls.A local recommended the restaurant,and was she right.We had the daily soup special,outstanding.My Wife enjoyed her salad,I relished my home made turkey panini.
The server was wonder, made all the right food suggestions.

1  Thank Jefftimb
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We traveled out of our fair city to explore Silverton, Oregon. What a treat. This is a small local spot, very plain, and down to earth. The menu looked great. there were many wonderful choices which made it hard to decide what to order. We asked our waitress . She was so nice and very helpful. We ordered two of her recommendations. I had the steak and gorgonzola salad. It was so flavorful, just the right amount of dressing, meat, cheese, and hazelnuts. Fabulous! My friend ordered the ham and pear pannini. Wow! The flavors exploded in my mouth. The sandwiches came with salad, soup, sweet potato fries, or salad. My friend had the fries. They were the best ones I have ever had. This place is around 50 miles outside of Portland. There are many cool shops to explore and then there is LUNCH!

1  Thank Madge464
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Breakfast or lunch were very good. Fun selections. Bakery items are very good, espeically the brownies!!So glad this restuarant is here for someone who lives here.A little expensive but I think it is worth it all in all.I go back.

1  Thank Carol B