“Glad we sought it out”

Dining options: Breakfast
Maple Valley, Washington
“Glad we sought it out”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This cafe was recommended in a travel guide and we made a point to find it. Glad we did! Very cute, friendly staff and good, fresh food.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank bmonson

Paradise Valley, Arizona
“great spot for lunch, when traveling through Silverton”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

By pure luck,we stopped for lunch after visiting Silver falls.A local recommended the restaurant,and was she right.We had the daily soup special,outstanding.My Wife enjoyed her salad,I relished my home made turkey panini.
The server was wonder, made all the right food suggestions.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jefftimb
Tigard, Oregon
“A Hidden Secret!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We traveled out of our fair city to explore Silverton, Oregon. What a treat. This is a small local spot, very plain, and down to earth. The menu looked great. there were many wonderful choices which made it hard to decide what to order. We asked our waitress . She was so nice and very helpful. We ordered two of her recommendations. I had the steak and gorgonzola salad. It was so flavorful, just the right amount of dressing, meat, cheese, and hazelnuts. Fabulous! My friend ordered the ham and pear pannini. Wow! The flavors exploded in my mouth. The sandwiches came with salad, soup, sweet potato fries, or salad. My friend had the fries. They were the best ones I have ever had. This place is around 50 miles outside of Portland. There are many cool shops to explore and then there is LUNCH!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Madge464
Silverton, Oregon
“Glad to finally have a place to take guests or go alone....”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Breakfast or lunch were very good. Fun selections. Bakery items are very good, espeically the brownies!!So glad this restuarant is here for someone who lives here.A little expensive but I think it is worth it all in all.I go back.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Carol B
Seattle, Washington
“Sharing fees charged at Silverton sandwich shop”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Cozy, litte sandwich and salad shop for a late lunch in Silverton.

We enjoyed the food, which included a turkey panini, sweet potato fries (which were really skin on sliced sweet potatoes, baked to a caramelized and finished with some rosemary) paired with a tahini dipping sauce.

We got a chuckle out of the nutella and marshmallow sandwich on wheat bread, but my daughter took that item on with dead seriousness, and she loved every bite of it.

I'd love to give this place a shout out, because the food is quality, but I can't really bring myself to do it because...

One frustration was an inexperienced server who didn't know her menu, but what really goaded us was a policy adding an extra $2 "share fee" to our bill, on top of a relatively pricey sandwich ($9) because we opted to share it. Seriously. It was a late lunch, we weren't too hungry, but gosh, I don't think I've ever been charged a fee to share an item in any restaurant in the last ten years, let alone in a sandwich shop.

A $2 share fee to share a $9 sandwich? A poor business practice.

• Visited April 2012