“A Hidden Secret!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gather
Ranked #5 of 39 Restaurants in Silverton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tigard, Oregon
“A Hidden Secret!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We traveled out of our fair city to explore Silverton, Oregon. What a treat. This is a small local spot, very plain, and down to earth. The menu looked great. there were many wonderful choices which made it hard to decide what to order. We asked our waitress . She was so nice and very helpful. We ordered two of her recommendations. I had the steak and gorgonzola salad. It was so flavorful, just the right amount of dressing, meat, cheese, and hazelnuts. Fabulous! My friend ordered the ham and pear pannini. Wow! The flavors exploded in my mouth. The sandwiches came with salad, soup, sweet potato fries, or salad. My friend had the fries. They were the best ones I have ever had. This place is around 50 miles outside of Portland. There are many cool shops to explore and then there is LUNCH!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Madge464

Silverton, Oregon
“Glad to finally have a place to take guests or go alone....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Breakfast or lunch were very good. Fun selections. Bakery items are very good, espeically the brownies!!So glad this restuarant is here for someone who lives here.A little expensive but I think it is worth it all in all.I go back.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Carol B
Seattle, Washington
“Sharing fees charged at Silverton sandwich shop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Cozy, litte sandwich and salad shop for a late lunch in Silverton.

We enjoyed the food, which included a turkey panini, sweet potato fries (which were really skin on sliced sweet potatoes, baked to a caramelized and finished with some rosemary) paired with a tahini dipping sauce.

We got a chuckle out of the nutella and marshmallow sandwich on wheat bread, but my daughter took that item on with dead seriousness, and she loved every bite of it.

I'd love to give this place a shout out, because the food is quality, but I can't really bring myself to do it because...

One frustration was an inexperienced server who didn't know her menu, but what really goaded us was a policy adding an extra $2 "share fee" to our bill, on top of a relatively pricey sandwich ($9) because we opted to share it. Seriously. It was a late lunch, we weren't too hungry, but gosh, I don't think I've ever been charged a fee to share an item in any restaurant in the last ten years, let alone in a sandwich shop.

A $2 share fee to share a $9 sandwich? A poor business practice.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank find_rachel
“Not just your average sandwich shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stopped at this small place in historic downtown Silverton after a day trip to the Oregon Garden. They have a unique menu which uses a lot of local, organic ingredients. We ordered Caprese Crepes which was an unusual take on the traditional sandwich by the same name - excellent, especially the pesto sauce! Also the turkey burger (a nice alternative to the usual beef hamburger at most restaurants) which also had apple slices on it - also very good. Both items came with a salad or soup.

We each had a salad which came with your choice of house made dressing. We tried the pomegranate vinaigrette and the green apple vinaigrette (which was recommended by the waitress) - the salad dressings alone were worth the stop!

We also ordered sweet potato fries as an extra side which were delicious and seasoned with rosemary.

The portion sizes were generous, but even so we had to check out a few of the delicious looking desserts in the cooler - we sampled 3 different items and ended taking some of each home.

I also had yummy, local marionberry lemonade for which our server kindly gave me a to go cup when we were finished.

Overall a great place. We will definitely stop here again when we visit Silverton!

4 Thank Travelling_Pitas
Silverton, Oregon
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

The food is very good and have tried almost everything on the menu. I wish it had a larger menu or varied options more often. The service is alright. They came more times to take the order than to refill drinks. Living in Silverton it is a nice option that you are usually not left disappointed, but it one of the most expensive places for lunch. It would be nice to have some cheaper items available.

• Visited November 2011