“Excellent breakfast place in Silverton” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of O'Briens - CLOSED

O'Briens
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Excellent breakfast place in Silverton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stumbled onto O'Briens after giving up on the breakfast that was being served at the Oregon Garden Resort's restaurant. We were greeted right away and seated with coffee coming right away. I can only describe O'Briens as a throwback diner. It was generally locals, but some visitors like us were there as well. The server warned us that pancakes would be limited to one per order. (it came as big as the whole plate). The server asked my daughter if she really wanted whipped cream with her hot chocolate. (it came with a stack of whipped cream that doubled the height of the mug). We had eggs with hash browns and sausage, a blueberry waffle with a side of egg and sausage and previously mentioned pancake with side of egg and bacon. The food was delicious, the service great and the hot coffee just kept on coming. The restaurant is a cute, old fashioned place that is must for at least breakfast if you visit Silverton.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, Washington
“The biggest pancake in Oregon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We came into town after noon but had read about the breakfast here so that's what we ordered. No problem. the help was very accommodating and considerate or our needs. Very clean and housed in an interesting old building on Water St., the main street in the old town district. My omlette was delicious and my husband was shocked with TWO enormous pancakes. A good bet for breakfast.

Visited March 2012
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Best Breakfast in the Willamette Valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

O'Brien's Cafe is a local place that is like stepping back in time. The food is excellent. A varied menu offers plenty of options for breakfast or lunch, anytime. The portions require a take home box or a very hungry person. The cafe overlooks an adjacent stream that has birds and occasional trout or salmon rolls by. This is a wonderful experience and worth the drive south of Portland. Molly O'Brien is the proprietor and local storyteller. Been going there for years.

• Visited February 2012
Silverton, Oregon
“BEST SANDWICHES”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

This place makes the best sandwiches. The atmosphere is relaxing and interesting and great in the summer to sit on the outdoor deck overlooking the creek. Sometimes the service is a little slow but maybe that is because they make everything fresh and do whatever possible to accomodate the customer.

Visited January 2012
Keizer
“Love French Fries?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Whenever I go to Silverton I try to time it around a meal time so I have an excuse to pop in and savor my favorite french fries and sit out at a table by the riverside. I am usually very health-oriented in my food choices but this is one place where I splurge. Their beer-battered fries are better than any I remember from my Fish and Chip days in good olde England! Try some for yourself--and of course their full menu has many other options.