We stayed here for 2 nights in April. The location and setting is very nice and I can see where with the right direction this property could definitely be a destination resort. The gardens are outstanding and one of the best selling points. It is new and the lodge looks out over the gardens. There are individual buildings behind the lodge that house the individual rooms. Ours was quite spacious with a comfy king size bed and fireplace and internet reception was excellent. Bathroom was fairly good size but a little spartan.
One could spend a day easily exploring the gardens and a day exploring Silverton and the falls that are nearby.
I have two criticisms of the resort. First is the restaurant. They need to bring in a really good chef and do something with the menu. We felt like we were eating hospital or retirement home food. Breakfast was exactly the same each day. They had a special on that we got a main course and a bottle of wine for $89 including the room. It was a great deal, but i would have been willing to pay more if the food had some character. There are no restaurants nearby, so basically guests are a captive audience and they could do wonders if they had good and interesting food. I had a chicken picatta (I think it was chicken, not veal ) that was not terribly memorable and the second night I had a pasta dish that definitely was not worth reordering.
Second, they need to send the staff to Hotel School 101. Our server the first night and our maid were the friendliest people there. Other than that, no one seemed overly welcoming or helpful. We went to three other places after the Oregon Garden, and the difference was noticable. They weren't rude - just indifferent. The second morning we noticed they did have waffles, but the containers of syrup were empty. My husband turned them upside down so that perhaps they would notice and refill them, but the servers just looked at them for a few minutes and then just ignored it and left them upside down! As noted by a previous review, the bar was understaffed when we were there, too. He was all out of Bloody Mary mix and had to leave the bar to try and find some. He was gone for awhile, returned with the mix, but then had no olives! They were out of several of the appetizers. They have a spa, hot tub and pool, but provide no robes to walk from your room to the pool/hot tub which requires walking outside (no rooms in the lodge) for up to half a block or more, so my husband didn't use it.
I would come back here again because the gardens are so worth visiting. However, I would really be excited to come back again if they got a new chef and worked on improving customer friendliness and enthusiasm. I would even be willing to pay more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oregon Garden Resort sits above The Oregon Garden's 80-acres stunning botanical gardens. Our guest rooms are nestled in a series of cottages throughout the grounds behind the main lodge. Each building has six rooms, featuring fireplaces and private landscaped patios or balconies. Rooms also feature microwaves, fridges and coffee makers, among other amenities. Included in an overnight stay is a complimentary hot American breakfast buffet and unlimited admission into The Oregon Garden. Ample parking is available both at the main lodge and around the rooms. Pet-Friendly and accessible rooms are available at the resort. The Resort's beautiful main lodge features the Fireside Lounge, which hosts live music each night along with happy hour specials daily; Moonstone Spa, our full-service day spa; and the Garden View Restaurant, which features sweeping views of The Oregon Garden and the Willamette Valley beyond. The menu showcases the best in Northwest cuisine and wines. The main lodge also houses meeting space for corporate meetings, family reunions, wedding receptions and conferences. A heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are set behind the main lodge. Oregon Garden Resort is a smoke free resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oregon Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oregon Garden Hotel Silverton
- Oregon Garden Silverton
- Oregon Garden Resort Silverton