On 9/4/2012 we visited the Oregon Garden Resort on the way home from a family reunion in Hood River, OR. We like to visit public gardens. I began my appreciation for them when I first visited Longwood Gardens , not too far from Philadelphia, PA. Just south of Coos Bay, OR is a state-run park with a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean, in which park is included a beautiful flower and tree garden called : Shore Acres. We knew that our visiting Silverton, OR was not just an overnight stay at a resort. We were treated very personally and professionally on all our questions and needs. The food and the suggested wine choice were just a delight. By staying at the resort we qualified for free passes to the near gardens. What led to enhancing to the overall intake of natures beauty was the stillness and quiet we found. The garden offers quite a variety
of flowers, plants and trees.There are several areas under development which will enlarge the overall offering. Parents managed to have their children behave and quietly enjoy the garden, which by the way also has a section very well done just for kids. How nice it would be if it all could be enjoyed in the same manner as we experienced. For those who will decide to give it a try, we can only say that we wish you'll duplicate our experience both at the resort and the gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oregon Garden Resort sits above The Oregon Garden's 80-acres stunning botanical gardens. Our guest rooms are nestled in a series of cottages throughout the grounds behind the main lodge. Each building has six rooms, featuring fireplaces and private landscaped patios or balconies. Rooms also feature microwaves, fridges and coffee makers, among other amenities. Included in an overnight stay is a complimentary hot American breakfast buffet and unlimited admission into The Oregon Garden. Ample parking is available both at the main lodge and around the rooms. Pet-Friendly and accessible rooms are available at the resort. The Resort's beautiful main lodge features the Fireside Lounge, which hosts live music each night along with happy hour specials daily; Moonstone Spa, our full-service day spa; and the Garden View Restaurant, which features sweeping views of The Oregon Garden and the Willamette Valley beyond. The menu showcases the best in Northwest cuisine and wines. The main lodge also houses meeting space for corporate meetings, family reunions, wedding receptions and conferences. A heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are set behind the main lodge. Oregon Garden Resort is a smoke free resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Oregon Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oregon Garden Hotel Silverton
- Oregon Garden Silverton
- Oregon Garden Resort Silverton