“a very serene and relaxing stay”

Oregon Garden Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Silverton
Reviewed September 4, 2012

we took advantage of the offer of a stay during the week ( Th-Fri) for a discounted room, incl. entry to the Oregon Garden, dinner and B'fast the next day.

We didn't have unrealistic expectations, realizing this was a great deal no matter what.
We were very pleasantly surprised when it turned out that the room was in one of many separate buildings/cottages, private, quiet, roomy, spotlessly clean, bed very comfortable and triple sheeted, small patio with seating, private and screened in. Never heard or was aware of any of the neighbors, although 2 other cars were parked at our unit.

the Gardens are beautiful and well maintained, with lots of resting areas, water features, sidetrails. We took a nice walk after we got there in the afternoon ( room was ready and available at 2 PM, although 4 was the official check in time).

dinner was excellent. We could chose from the regular menu, no restrictions, and came with a complimentary bottle of wine. We added a salad which was not included, and it was very nice, with local roasted hazelnuts, grapes, goat cheese. Large enough to share.
We took this to the lounge after dinner, and enjoyed live entertainment ( guitar and song). The fact that this entire facility is also non smoking added to the enjoyment.
staff was pleasant, helpful, professional, whether at reception desk, in restaurant, giftshop/garden entrance.
B'fast the next day was buffet with good basic choices. We took another nice walk through the gardens to walk of some of the calories. The ticket to the garden was valid until 2 PM.
we were also given vouchers with discounts for spa treatments, which we passed up.
We will return, even if there is no special or discounted offer. Its a wonderful place to unwind.

Room Tip: we assume that most of the rooms are the same. You may want to inquire about any workshops/meetings...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Oregon Garden Resort

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My fiance and I booked a special package deal and stayed for 1 night to celebrate his birthday. I wasn't too sure what to expect... but everything was beyond perfect. The room was cozy, comfortable, and romantic. It was clean, and all the bungalows are 1-story, so you don't have to worry about anyone above or below. Our package included dinner, and the restaurant was really great - the food, the service, the view, the dessert. 10x better than I was expecting. We walked around the garden the afternoon we checked in, but the best part was exploring the gardens the next morning before it opened to the general public. The gardens open at 10 am, but hotel guests are allowed anytime "during daylight hours" and guests of the hotel have a private entrance, which can be accessed by using your hotel room card. So we went into the garden at 8 am and had the entire place to ourselves. It was wonderful, and beautiful, and romantic. Everything was great and I would highly recommend this place for a romantic getaway or even a girls weekend. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are 1-story so you don't have to worry about people above or below. Some rooms do have...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Beware those allergic to down that their comforters are down! We asked for a down free room and they took care of the pillows but missed the comforter. Made for a rough night before we figured out the problem in the morning. They fixed the problem quickly but we had to ask for compensation for a sleepless night. Management seemed annoyed and didn't understand that I don't travel with an unlimited supply of inhalers! They did offer a bit off the rate but at check out we had to ask again since there were no notes on our account of the discount. The front desk lady we had at checkout was pretty rude. But the guy at check in was really nice and helpful.

The room was really nice, although it also had some issues. They had a standard size toilet seat cover on an elongated bowl, which was hilarious. The fireplace didn't work but we didn't bother asking for help with that because it was warm anyway. The ceiling fan vibrated and hummed which really bothered me. The mini fridge was loud also, should be in a closed closet or something. The beds were very comfortable though, and the little garden patio was nice for enjoying post-breakfast coffee.

I really enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. We usually don't spend time at hotel pools, but this one was great.

Free access to the Oregon Garden was awesome! Hotel guests get to go in after it closes, so we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves after 6pm!

The hotel bar was great and had a good beer and appetizer selection (honey ginger beef skewers rocked!) The bartender was really nice. We happened to be there for open acoustic jam night and I got to play a nice set of my original songs. I had my travel guitar with me but didn't have a pick up installed, and the host let me play his really sweet Taylor acoustic!

Breakfast was good, and it was great to overlook the garden from the dining room. Seemed like the food went fast though and the staff didn't seem particularly proactive to replenish the muffins, water, juice etc.. But when we asked for more they were quick to help. However they were very accommodating when I asked for eggs without cheese, and soy milk for coffee.

We had a great travelzoo deal that included dinner & wine, and made our stay very well worth the money. The deal also included spa/massage discounts, but we didn't use that offer.

The dinner was very tasty! My wife had shrimp and veggie pasty and she says it was awesome! My prime rib was huge and tasty as well. We opted for the pinot house wine since that's what Oregon country is known for. Our waiter was really nice and helpful. Although at checkout they tried to charge us for someone else who put our room number on their bill. The check out lady gave us attitude about that too.

We did the silver falls hike just about 20 minutes outside of town and it was awesome! Highly recommended.

Overall we would return, had a relaxing stay and the positives outweighed the negatives.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank exchelente
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My mom, sister, and I spent just one evening at the resort, and it was fabulous. After going to the Dahlia Festival in Canby, it was just a short drive to the Oregon Garden Resort. We were welcomed by incredible views, friendly staff, and nicely appointed rooms. They served us a lovely dinner and breakfast before we started out in the Oregon Garden for the day. And, the whole resort is dog friendly. I didn't bring my puppy this time, but I will be back with her soon. It was a great value (we got a package deal, that was unbelievable), and I would highly recommend it for couples, families, and dog lovers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent two evenings at this great facility. The staff were very friendly & helpful. The grounds for the resort & the Oregon Gardens, next to the resort were amazing. The servers in the restaurant were very attentive & good. The rooms were very nice. They had a very nice pool & hot tub. My favorite part of my stay was the massage I had at the Spa. It was very relaxing. The spa is a very warm & tranquil facility. My masseuse was excellent.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My first time here and I've had such a wonderful time that i'm sitting in the lounge typing this review before I hit the road.
The rooms were beautiful and comfortable, fantastic internet and really well laid out. Great down comforter and pillows to snuggle up with. Ate at the restaurant last night on the patio overlooking the gardens. I never expect much at hotel restaurants but I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent.
I came here on business and now I can't wait to come back and experience this resort for a longer time frame. Thank you Oregon Resort!

Room Tip: I stayed in building P which is perfect for those that want to enjoy the pool. The pool has a little...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My sister-in-law got married at the Oregon Gardens this past weekend. The entire staff was so nice, friendly, helpful, and accommodating! Multiple staff members checked in with us while decorating to see if there was anything else we needed. They allowed us free use of one of the banquet halls as a staging area since it hadn't been rented out for the day. I would recommend Oregon Gardens Resort as both a great place to stay as well as a great venue for a wedding or other event.

• Stayed: August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silverton
Silverton Inn and Suites
Silverton Inn and Suites
#2 of 2 in Silverton
The Grand Hotel in Salem
Best Western Plus Mill Creek Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Salem
La Quinta Inn & Suites
Best Western Pacific Highway Inn

Been to Oregon Garden Resort? Share your experiences!