we took advantage of the offer of a stay during the week ( Th-Fri) for a discounted room, incl. entry to the Oregon Garden, dinner and B'fast the next day.
We didn't have unrealistic expectations, realizing this was a great deal no matter what.
We were very pleasantly surprised when it turned out that the room was in one of many separate buildings/cottages, private, quiet, roomy, spotlessly clean, bed very comfortable and triple sheeted, small patio with seating, private and screened in. Never heard or was aware of any of the neighbors, although 2 other cars were parked at our unit.
the Gardens are beautiful and well maintained, with lots of resting areas, water features, sidetrails. We took a nice walk after we got there in the afternoon ( room was ready and available at 2 PM, although 4 was the official check in time).
dinner was excellent. We could chose from the regular menu, no restrictions, and came with a complimentary bottle of wine. We added a salad which was not included, and it was very nice, with local roasted hazelnuts, grapes, goat cheese. Large enough to share.
We took this to the lounge after dinner, and enjoyed live entertainment ( guitar and song). The fact that this entire facility is also non smoking added to the enjoyment.
staff was pleasant, helpful, professional, whether at reception desk, in restaurant, giftshop/garden entrance.
B'fast the next day was buffet with good basic choices. We took another nice walk through the gardens to walk of some of the calories. The ticket to the garden was valid until 2 PM.
we were also given vouchers with discounts for spa treatments, which we passed up.
We will return, even if there is no special or discounted offer. Its a wonderful place to unwind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oregon Garden Resort sits above The Oregon Garden's 80-acres stunning botanical gardens. Our guest rooms are nestled in a series of cottages throughout the grounds behind the main lodge. Each building has six rooms, featuring fireplaces and private landscaped patios or balconies. Rooms also feature microwaves, fridges and coffee makers, among other amenities. Included in an overnight stay is a complimentary hot American breakfast buffet and unlimited admission into The Oregon Garden. Ample parking is available both at the main lodge and around the rooms. Pet-Friendly and accessible rooms are available at the resort. The Resort's beautiful main lodge features the Fireside Lounge, which hosts live music each night along with happy hour specials daily; Moonstone Spa, our full-service day spa; and the Garden View Restaurant, which features sweeping views of The Oregon Garden and the Willamette Valley beyond. The menu showcases the best in Northwest cuisine and wines. The main lodge also houses meeting space for corporate meetings, family reunions, wedding receptions and conferences. A heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub are set behind the main lodge. Oregon Garden Resort is a smoke free resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Oregon Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oregon Garden Hotel Silverton
- Oregon Garden Silverton
- Oregon Garden Resort Silverton