“great fun”

Mac's Diner
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Shady Cove
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed July 8, 2014

this is a retro restaurant which is a fun place and the traditional type food and staff are really good .
it is really nice to find a great place like this when on a road trip.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I stopped for lunch on our Harleys. on our way through Shady Cove. The 50's theme diner atmosphere was spot on and very well decorated. The restaurant was clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were clean as well. The staff was immediately friendly and welcoming. The service was appropriate and timely even though it was during lunch hour and they were busy. The food was good with average portion sizes. They do openly offer all you-can-eat fries with your meal if you like. Prices were average. Overall great place to have a good lunch.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Yesterday I had the opportunity to eat lunch at Mac's Diner. I had the hot dog that was covered with Pastrami. Delicious!!! Excellent!!! Our waitress was very friendly!! The restaurant is moving this month down to where the old Bel Di's was and there will be more space and parking. If you want an old diner experience with fun food, give Mac's a try!!

1  Thank Liz A
Reviewed June 30, 2014

we liked to go here often they have great food, But the last four times the service has ruined our experience 1st screw up-.ordered fish n chips didn't come till after the meal were done.#2 took family there and they screwed up three of the five orders.#3 again with friends screwed up our casseys mess breakfast , we we sent them back the ordered didn't come out until everyone else was done eating. AND IT WAS STILL WRONG! #4 We waited a few months the thought ok well give them one more try. ORDERED THE CASEYS MESS WITH no MUSHROOMS. They still couldn't make it right, lord knows you don't want to send it back to be corrected, because the you'll be eating alone. They are also horrible about refilling your drinks. These experiences are at different times of the day all have been with different waitresses. I just don't get it.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a quick hot breakfast here on our way to Crater Lake. My husband had an egg, bacon and 2 pancakes. The pancakes were each the size of a dinner plate! There was no way he could eat them all. I had an egg, bacon and french toast. It was good and a much more manageable size. My only complaint was my bacon was a little underdone to my liking (I like mine really crispy).