“Tiny rooms, Loud, hot with no a/c., old rickety bed... worst sleep at a hotel ever”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Alberta,Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Rooms are very small and outdated, with the exception of the updated bathroom. We had to leave the door and window open to cool the room off , there is no working A/C or even a fan. The bed is very uncomfortable and sits on a slant, whenever someone rolls over, you hear a loud 'thunk'. The 2 pillows were thin and lumpy. There is free parking but watch yourself as they don't mark the steps/uneven pavement well and it is difficult to tellyou are not walking on a flat surface, the person ahead of me stumbled and I fell with my one year old. After finally getting to sleep we had to wake up at 6am to close the window because of the noise, that did help though to be fair.
Horrible experience and worst sleep ever at a hotel. I have stayed at the Shilo in Newport, and had a good expirience, this one def. gives Shilo a bad name.

1 Thank cocokona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Spent 5 days at this hotel. Very comfortable and clean. Pool and fitness area clean and well maintained. Very convenient. Close walking distance for everything. Staff very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Jim M
Oregon
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Just got back from a one night stay at this "hotel". The only real reason to choose staying here over other hotels in seaside would be for the location. It is nice to be able to walk everywhere from your hotel. The rooms are just ok. They could use some updating. We stayed on the end near the street and you definately hear noise. It would be better to stay somewhere in the middle or far end. I was not too dissapointed with the hotel mainly because I was prepared for the worst since I read the reviews here first plus I only paid $97 total for the one night stay using pricelines blind bidding system. If I had paid $200 I would be extremely dissapointed because it's not worth that price. I've stayed at cheaper hotels that are way nicer. Anyway, just don't over pay for the room and I think you will be ok with your stay.

1 Thank flapbreaker
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 25, 2009

The location of the hotel is great, right by the beautiful beach. However, the room is another story. I got a room with one queen bed, facing the street side. The room is small and out-dated. The carpet was dirty. The walls between rooms are thin, same is the floor. I could hear sounds from the room next to me (I felt I could join their conversation - not they were loud or something). I could also hear people walking in the room above me. I can also hear people walking by my room, plus noise from the street, with the window closed.

However, I heard the rooms facing the ocean were a lot nicer but I have no proof. There are a lot of other hotels in the area. If I'd come back to the area, I will try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank imken504
shiloseaside, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 19, 2009
Dear imken504

Thank you so much for your comments. It troubles us to hear that you had the type of experience that you mentioned. It is true that we have some smaller rooms in our hotel. We do, however, offer many larger rooms including great oceanfront suites. We use comments such as your own to help train our staff to provide the best customer service possible. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with this valuable feedback. We hope you’ll reconsider choosing another hotel and give Shilo Inns another try.

Shaun – General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Portland, OR
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This hotel saved our trip! We had booked somewhere else, but that other hotel was awful. We called the shilo at 9 am on a Saturday and they had us in a room by 11:30, even though check in isn't until 4pm - it was a lifesaver for us because we were traveling with our 18 month old daughter who despreratly needed a nap! The room was dog friendly, but you couldn't tell there had ever been a dog in the room. The king size bed was wonderful, but the best part of the balcony and the view. We sat on the balcony and watched everyone go by on the busy Prom, watched the sun go down, and just enjoyed our little family's vacation together. The Shilo saved our vacation, and we will ABSOLUTLY be back!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel a couple of times...The first time we stayed in a suite complete with full kitchen, two queen beds and a fireplace..it was awesome...The second time around we had just a regular room..Both times we found the hotel to be comfortble, the staff was always nice and helpful...Clean and comfortble, its no Sheraton but its def good value for your money and a great place to stay if you wanna stay somewhere that is right on the beach...will be back again...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
michigan
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We booked 3 nights per AAA. Upon arrival, a room by the elevator, continually loud guests and cleaning staff, while in the back garbage and truck deliveries with loud backup beepers all night. Only 2 flatish pillows for the queen bed. Room was smelly and hot. Totally unable to sleep. So the next morning we requested a different room.

Only streetside with kitchenette and tiny balcony was available, but worth the extra $60 per night. But they FORGOT TO CHANGE THE LINENS the next day while we were out hiking, so we shared 2 towels the last evening. Footsteps above our room could be heard often, door didn't block out hallway noise. We mentioned these at checkout, but NO compensation offered, just a condescending too bad. I should have asked to see a manager. No luggage rack in either room for convenience. Rooms worn. Shiloh restaurant food just OK, but great ocean view. This was our first and last experience with Shiloh, consquently, cannot recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple