“Great location!”

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
kmiles71
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

I have been a travel agent for years. I have stayed at all types of properties so I think I have a decent opinion of hotels. Let me say first that the hotel location cant be beat. I never had a problem finding parking and property sits on the main road of "downtown" (broadway). I upgraded to a ocean view room with full kitchen just prior to our stay. Although the room was dated, the accomodations were fully functional and the free wifi was a plus. These rooms lookout directly over the beach but be warned...there is NO air conditioning. Our days were hitting about 72 or so, even then we had to keep the door open to cool down at night. I traveled with my sister and my 2 girls (6 and 3). The swingsets on the beach (there are several) were a huge hit! You also are permitted to have campfires on the beach (not all beaches allow this). Yes, I did pay a lot but we were there during peak season. It is hard to find accomodations for less then 200 a night during the summer. The indoor pool was nice as was the jacuzzi facing the beach. A plus when the weather is a bit chilly outside yet the kids still want to swim. Room service was just okay but was a nice option on the nights we didnt want to cook. Not a lot of "nice" accomodations on seaside so I probably will stay here again and hope they do some updating :)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Great waiters and service. Appreciated menu options and flexibility of foods for veggies. Will come back again on our next vacation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
whitefish
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Hotel needs a really good scrubbing and repairs. Overdue for a remodel to bring up to standard. Location is perfect and staff are super. Overpriced given the issues.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sagecrest
FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

The food is horrendous and outrageously expensive.. service is slower than frozen molasses and if you THINK they really mean wireless internet connection THINK AGAIN...

Room was OK, very overpriced... a total waste of money...

I wouldn't stay at another Shilo if it was free... much prefer a tent over this overpriced mess.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dragonfly2x

Travelers are raving about these Seaside hotels

oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Would like to compliment Catherine who works in the restaurant/lounge, she was great. Traveling were myself, daughter, grand daughter, and great grand daughter from Alaska. She was so nice and and helpful, gave information on things to see and places to stop. The service she gave was great, she was accomdating beyond what her job called for. When raise time comes give her a big one, she is an employee that you want to keep. WE did not stay at the Inn, we were traveling in a RV.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Fairfax, Va.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2009

This was our first visit to Seaside, much less Oregon. This hotel has a great oceanfront location at the corner of the Promenade and the main drag. Front desk lady was very cordial. We got a greatly reduced price on a north facing room, which had a partial view of the beach. The pool and whirlpool were first rate. There is also an exercise room. WiFi, microwave, fridge, etc. Although maybe not the classiest hotel in town, the Shilo offers what others can't - that killer view of the Pacific Ocean. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights here and enjoyed our stay very much. Location excellent for doing many things and not having to drive to do them. Also great place to stay with kids. Rooms were spacious. Pool was clean and warm. Felt safe being close to the lobby and pool was open 24hrs. Restaurant looks out to the ocean and the promenade so you can people watch if you like that sort of thing. Now, after ending a great stay, I unfortunately left an expensive pair of earrings in the room. I called the Shilo about 1hr after checking out and told them the exact location of where my earrings were left. They sounded very hopeful and helpful that my earrings would be shipped to me via mail and would call me. After not hearing back from anyone, I had to call the Shilo two more times after being told someone would contact me to be told that there was no log of my fist conversation and that nothing was turned into the head maid from my room, but they would keep checking. My perfect trip ended not so perfect and with a high cost.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
shiloseaside, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2009
Dear cottonpickin, thank you for the kind words about your recent stay with us at the Seaside Shilo Inn. I want to apologize that we were unable to locate the items that you left in the room at departure. We have, and will continue to, search diligently for your earrings in hopes returning them to you. Thank you for your thoughts and we hope to again see you at the Oregon coast.

Shaun – General Manager