“Never Again”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
“Never Again”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Where to start? Arrived at 1:40, they took info which took about half an hour, and I had a reservation. Told at reserving they had free continental breakfast, told at check in they do not. Then said they would call me when room was ready. Came back at 3:40 got in line and waited. Got room over air conditioning unit on roof of restaurant below. Left room for dinner and card key wouldn't let us back in, walked down had keys reset, still couldn't get in. They called maintenance and he struggled and roughed up door to get it open as our small children waited in hall. We were uncomfortable leaving room after that for fear we wouldn't get back in. Called night clerk and she said she would adjust bill for hassle. Next morning upon check out no adjustment or comment on record. Morning Clerk made adjustment to bill. To much hassle for vacation stay. I like zero hassle and friendly, helpful staff.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ADVNCHR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Paid $100 inc fees for 1 night in a queen loft room with partial ocean view.
It was beautiful!
The room is not spacious but its very tall with the half loft. Its a loft, so on the 5th floor, no one above you making noise. Neither of us are very large and had to squeeze between the staircase & armoire to get to the bathroom though!
The bed was clean, smelled good, no stains & was oooohhh sooo comfortable.
I requested extra towels & pillows when I booked the room online through the Shilo website & they confirmed it at check in and someone was bringing them up to our door as we stepped off the elevator....towels were still warm! (The lady at check in was very thorough and helpful)
The partial view meant when you stood in the loft you could just see the beach & the ocean over the rooftop, but it was still a view! (Also high up enough people on the beach cant even see your room)
The pool is 24 hours which is what actually convinced me to book the hotel in the first place, being able to avoid the kiddo hours and not be on a schedule when your bopping around a town on vacation is just what the doc ordered. It was clean and warm, there is also a sauna area and hot tub.
Check out is 12 noon which is also a plus for me. Wasn't many tv channels, mostly sports or pay per view, but not that big of deal.
I cant wait to go back, I will definitely book with them again. I have stayed in 3 Shilo hotels now and had good-great stays each time. Very worth it.

Room Tip: Loft rooms are on the 5th floor & have no one above you. Pool is 24 hours, check out is 12 noon...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bailieboro, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visiting family in seaside for the holidays. A beautiful christmas tree in the lobby decorated with silver starfish and all the colours you would find in the ocean was the first thing I saw when I arrived at the Shilo Inn Oceanfront. My room was on the fifth floor, a king sized oceanfront room with a gas fireplace and kitchenette. I checked in quite late and they had the fireplace on for my arrival. The view from the balcony was spectacular.
A very nice,complimentary, hot breakfast the following morning, and this was so for the next six days that I stayed. The staff in the dining room could not have been more pleasant. I enjoyed my lunch in the Boardwalk restaurant and found the prices very reasonable.
I found the front desk staff pleasant and cheerful whenever I asked for directions around Seaside.

I hope to travel to seaside next year and intend to stay once again at the Shilo Oceanfront.

Room Tip: Fifth floor oceanside was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Magdalen A
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Have stayed several times and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Waterfront room was very comfortable and nicely equipped for kitchen use. The washer/dryers work well and are very handy if staying for an extended period. The servers in the Boardwalk Restaurant are all friendly and I would recommend the salmon ravioli.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear JDM3703,

Thank you for staying with us and passing on your notes of compliments about our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the washers and dryers which are an added bonus if you are a road warrior. We look forward to welcoming you again upon your return to Seaside.

Warrenton, Oregon
Reviewed December 12, 2013

They kinda trick you by making the whole front desk look amazing, and you'd assume the rooms would look amazing as well. Well the rooms are just.. Dull. The wallpaper was hanging off a bit, it felt a bit like a jail cell with the brick walls inside. The rooms didn't feel comforting. They have very little selection for tv. Sure they had a pool, but that's not what is important to me. Even the breakfast was a bit disappointing. I could have went to a cheaper hotel and had a much better experience, a more cozy room with softer pillows, a more varietied breakfast. This hotel was just disappointing and I won't go back. The front desk was even a bit snooty

Room Tip: You gotta spend the extra bucks for a good room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Brittany R,

Thank you for staying with us and letting us know about your stay. It is true, that the oceanfront rooms are more in price, but the value of overlooking the ocean is included. Our city view rooms, which you stayed in are more economical in amenities as well as price. Our pool is the only indoor, heated pool that is open 24hours and overlooks the ocean in Seaside and breakfast is complimentary. I will have a discussion with the staff in regards to their attitudes with our guests as we want all of our guests to feel the warmth and excitement of staying at the beach, on the beach. We hope that you will stay with us again if you ever are in the area and give us a chance to redeem ourselves.

Jennifer English

Travelers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Yacolt, Washington
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We loved it! We wanted a Northwest Coastal weekend and we got it! In the past we've stayed at several hotels in Seaside, but this location is the best. Loved the room with balcony and fireplace. Watched the ocean and the people in the turn-about. The staff were sooo attentive both in the hotel and in the restaurant. Rick (If I remember his name correctly) at the front desk was super welcoming, informative and helpful and just made us happy to be there. I just read someones comments about the outside corridor and freezing cold. I encourage people to stay there for the overall experience and the staff. It is a beach hotel...right on the beach...so I think it is common to have exterior corridors. The weather is out of their control:) However, kudos to them if I'm wrong because we had awesome sunny weather. Pretty much a miracle:) If i had to say anything critical, I'd go with the age of the facility. BUT, our room was cleaner than what we've experienced at other hotels and the hospitality was beyond compare. So, their people make it the best overall. We needed a peaceful, flawless getaway weekend from our out of ordinary hectic schedule and we got it! We loved it. We can't wait to go again soon.

Room Tip: We really liked our 3rd floor room closest to the turn-about. It's a front row seat to all the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rockbound,

Thank you for staying with us and relaying your comments about your enjoyable stay with us when you came to the beach. Our ocean view rooms cannot be beat with almost a completely obscured view of the big Pacific Ocean. I have posted your comments for staff to see and be proud of the work they do on a daily basis. We try to make it an enjoyable experience for all of our guests, just the best thing about us, our location, is sometimes our one issue, exterior corridors. Thank you again for choosing to stay with Shilo at the Beach, on the Beach and we hope to see you again soon.