“Not sure about this place.”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We arrived last Friday afternoon after a day long drive in our Cobra with the car club. We were greeted so warmly by the front desk staff and were instantly checked in early. Our room was so disappointing on arrival. It was a little tiny room facing the parking lot on the third floor with one little queen bed, a little table and two chairs, and a little teeney bathroom. There is no air conditioning and the little room was an oven but the front desk did give my husband a portable fan. We had to have the windows open all night long with the fan going, so while we got cool air blown on us, we got to listen to all the partying people at 0300 in the morning. I know that my husband made the reservation but was shocked at the size of the room. We both slept poorly that night, tossing and turning because of the heat and noise. I swear, the size of this room was the size of a big closet! Oh well, it was only for one night and the room was very clean, so that's a positive. The only saving grace of this stay was the first class treatment of registration and dining staff. The price for this oversize closet was $140.00. We've paid that much at other resorts for a big king/oceanfront at other resorts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SisterSisto
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear SisterSisto,

I loved your Cobra's. They were beautiful and thank your group for continue to stay with us over the years. I would really recommend the oceanfront rooms next time. They are nice size rooms, full kitchens, new appliances, fireplace, balconies, and large flat screen TV's. The standard queen is the our economy room priced very competitive with our market. Thanks for complimenting our first class staff and cleanliness. Hope to see you again in an oceanfront room.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Its past midnight and the band that is playing directly below my room is still playing strong. The front desk said they may be playing untit 2 am and that they usually do not put people in rooms directly above the band but they are booked. It seems like they could have warned me about a sleepless night when I made the reservation 3 months ago so I could have found other accommodations then.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Diane J

Dear J,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We have live music every Friday and Saturday night that is very popular. All the rooms above the lounge are sold to people who know about the music. I check this each mornng. I really wish we had shared a conversation and want to know how this happened and take immediate correction. I'll try reaching out to you and I can always be reached at 503-738-9571 or shaun.wagner@shiloinns.com.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We are having a rough year. We needed a serious break and we cannot go far. When we left the house we did not have any idea where we would end up.....OMG...... My husband went in to see, but we figured no way we would find a vacancy. Rick was a dream come true. Forty years ago when we got married we could not even afford to sleep in the parking lot. He not only found us a wonderful room just around the corner from the beach, he was able to get us this wonderful room for three nights. Gunther our little dog was welcomed with open arms. The staff all of them were always helpful (we had not been to the Oregon coast for about 10 years) with whatever we needed. We have traveled all over the world and this was very clean, the bed was to die for, my husband slept late (he NEVER does that) Thank you thank you. Rick we loved our 40th anniversary, we well be back.....

Room Tip: room501 wonderful especialy for people watching, low noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear VDL1973,

Happy 40th anniversary! Really happy you spent this special time with us and glad to have Gunther. I’ll be sure to share you kind comments about the staff and clean rooms and Rick is very special.

Come see us again

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just returned from a fabulous stay at the Seaside Shilo. We had adjoining ocean side rooms with my parents and had a great time. Our rooms were spotless. We noticed they don't have bedspreads, which was so great!!! All those icky stories you hear about hotel bedspreads were not an issue here. These rooms were sterile and the views were fantastic. We had full kitchens, fireplace, and loved sitting on the balcony watching the kite flying. We enjoyed counting the campfires on the beach each night, loved people watching as families strolled along the prom, the front desk service and restaurant service was outstanding!! We were pleasantly surprised with how delicious the food at the restaurant was also. The breakfasts were delicious and served on hot plates and then we also hit happy hour and my beautiful Cesar salad was served in a chilled bowl. Top notch!! Everyone in our party ordered something different and we were all very happy with our meals. The apple wood bacon is amazing!! The location of this hotel can't be beat. Right on the beach, 180 degree ocean view, everything is in walking distance and we look forward to going back soon!!! Thanks Shilo staff, you all were so fun!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear BeautifulNW,

Wow, thanks for sharing your great experience and the pictures from your balcony showing our great view and location. We have lots of connecting rooms so large parties needing multiple rooms are very easy for us to handle. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The beach front location of this Shilo Inn is ideal and is conveniently located to the shops and restaurants in downtown Seaside, but this was one of the noisiest hotels I've ever stayed in. It would be very helpful if the doors had soft-closing mechanisms on them, to prevent the frequent door SLAMMING at all hours of the day and night. The design of the hotel is that several room doors face each other in a narrow exterior hallway and are within just a few feet apart. So noise is considerable, especially when guests enter or exit their rooms. This locale/set-up is more suited to Spring breakers whose priorities might not include a quiet night of sleep.

The standard room we booked wasn't large, but it was comfortable. They aren't super fancy, but ours was clean and had a small table, love seat, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker, which are always appreciated.

Ample parking in the multi-level garage.
Front desk staff is excellent.
Didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, because during our stay was only offering a Saturday morning buffet, and we didn't want a large meal.

Even though it was convenient to be so close to the beach, and I am usually very comfortable at Shilo Inn properties, I would likely choose another hotel in Seaside on any future trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blooeyz777

Dear Zephyr Cove,

Thanks for pointing out many of the great items of our hotel: excellent front desk, ample parking, awesome location. Sorry to hear you found it noisy. . I also recommend the oceanfront rooms which are farther away from the main hallway. Guests get a much larger room that generally is quieter. I’ll be sure to make a review of our auto door closures so that the door closes as quietly as possible, while still maintaining fire codes. Next time you're in Seaside we'd love to have you come try an oceanfront room.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The walls and floors are very thin- best if stay on the top floor. Forget using the wifi for business purposes- the server is much too slow and not always operative. The ocean front units have a great view and opening the sliding door some allows the ocean breeze to come in and it is great.

Room Tip: pick the top floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hillmel

Dear hillmel,

Glad to hear you enjoyed an oceanfront unit with a great view and ocean breeze. Our internet service just got upgraded in April to all modern equipment. We have 15 different wireless access points that provide wireless to different parts of the building. If anyone is ever having problems please contact the front desk and we can reset or replace one of these devices. We also have employees work off the internet to make sure everything is top notch.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is located right on the ocean close to shops, restaurants, and the boardwalk, but the room is very basic, bed is just ok, and you can hear your neighbors! Staff was friendly, but not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank magicburs
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear magicburs,

Thank you for staying with us and pointing out our great location and friendly staff. Yes, these are the standard economy rooms. Next time try the oceanfront rooms which come with all the bells and whistles like a full stocked kitchen, large flat screen tv, fireplace, and breath taking views from your own balcony.

Hope to see you again,