Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have very fond memories of the Shilo because my grandma would take us here when we were children every 6 months. My girlfriends and I have kept up the tradition and stay here very often when we need a quick affordable getaway. I have never been disappointed in this hotel. The restaurant is fantastic, the pool is wonderful and the service is top notch! The best thing about the Shilo is that almost all the hotels in Seaside require you to be 21 or over, (except the rundown ones.) My girlfriends and I are all 20, which makes it hard to find somewhere to stay but the Shilo has always worked with me and offered us a room without any problems. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy all that Seaside offers! The perfect place to stay. :)

Room Tip: The loft rooms are fabulous if you're on a budget!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear EmilyS376,

How wonderful it is to hear the tradition of coming here passed down a generation. Happy to hear the pool was wonderful for you and our service was top notch. Come see us again.

Shaun W/.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I expected something better than average (like Best Western), but this place isn't better, maybe a bit worse. Room was loud from people walking above us as well as people walking outside on the patio. Heard the furnace room near us all night long that sounded like a train driving by. Location is great, but I definitely would pay the same to stay somewhere with breakfast or some other perk. Seemed like a lot of teens here, the pool was a zoo for sure- wouldn't go near it.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, or stay somewhere else that is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear LizzieG19,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like you stayed in one of standard rooms on the city side of the hotel. I always recommend the full oceanfront rooms for people sensitive to noise. These rooms not on the main hallway, twice the size, and our guest have great experiences. Our pool is extremely popular especially during spring break, and it is open 24 hours. Please give me a call as I would love to arrange for an oceanfront room next time.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

First, I have to say that the price that I paid was over-priced for a night. I was traveling with a large group of family and we needed a place to stay and when looking on-line for what we wanted in the rooms or stay breakfast was one and when we got there, yes it was beautiful but there was no breakfast because they have the restaurant in the hotel. If I would've known that they had no breakfast I wouldn't had stayed there for over $200 a night. I couldn't check in till 4 pm and had to be out by 12pm. That is less then a day. I stayed at a hotel that had ocean view just the same, however they had fresh baked cookies nightly, chowder nightly, their pool towels were heavier and bigger, DVD players in the rooms with movies to rent in the lobby, coffee/tea/hot chocolate anytime, there was a computer in the lobby for customers to use as well. I don't think that I will be returning to Shilo Inn to stay during a trip. They are over priced and not much offered for their customers. I paid $140 a night for the other hotel and got so much more then at this one. I was very disappointed with my stay. Also, when checking-in there was a lady with 2 teens who had paid for a city view and got an ocean view and didn't even use the bunk beds due to her son would not sleep on it, so she got a roll away bed put in for him. Here the lady I was with said "why not give me the room that she has since she son won't sleep on the bunk beds." So my other party got a room with a king bed and a couch that had a hide abed in it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Becky S,

Sorry you didn’t feel we offered enough for you during your stay. Every hotel has different programs and some of them here include a 24 hour indoor pool, free toys at check in for children, complimentary wine drink coupons at check in for all guests, free live music in the lounge on weekends and, our check out time is 12pm compared to 11am for most hotels in Seaside. We do have DVD players available for guests that do request them, our room & prices are comparable to other hotels in Seaside.

If ever our guests feel like something is not correct we always encourage our guests to contact the front desk or myself and we will always do our best to accommodate our guests needs. Thanks for sharing and please contact me if you come back to Seaside, we will take care of you here at Shilo Inns Seaside Oceanfront.

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

we stayed here years ago with dogs and thought the rooms were very run down and old, smelly carpet. so, years later and now with kids too, we didnt have high expectations, but we wanted a good price for a 2 bedroom suite on the water for our 4 night stay. boy, did we get a bargain!
we reserved the executive suite with attached bunk bed child room and it was so nice! granite everything, a huge kitchenette with all the amenities we could need, a beautiful oceanfront balcony, 2 huge tvs, a fireplace, 2 bathrooms, 2 couches and very clean carpet, furniture and linens. the kids loved having their own room and the bunk beds and decore were so cute for them.
the service was very good, all employees were nice and accomodating with toys for the kids and you cannot beat a 24 hour pool and spa! We tried the restaurant once for Sunday brunch and it was nice. Good coffee and hot, fresh food. And they are so dog friendly.
only coins were some drainage issues in the sinks, baths and toilet, but I have been to super fancy hotels with these problems so we didn't mind at all! We could also hear our neighbors above us but it was not too bad.
thank you, Shilo, we will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear wkaiser,

It’s wonderful that you saw so many of the improvements that we have been making. There’s new carpet in all the rooms and new large flat screen TVs in the oceanfront rooms. We have also added three family suites that you mentioned. Happy to hear you had a great time, please come see us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at the Shilo Inn last night. It was perfectly adequate. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were nice. The room is in need of a little freshening up. It felt out of date and slightly run down. It was clean and acceptable, but not wonderful. For the price, I'd go with the Rivertides. It does not have ocean views, but it's just a few blocks from the beach and much nicer.

Room Tip: We had a room with a loft for viewing the waves. If you want to storm watch, this is a nice, less ex...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear peekadog,

Thanks for the input on your experience here at Shilo. We are currently doing lots of remodeling, and for example, all rooms now have new carpet, all oceanfront rooms have large flat screen TV’s, and we currently install brand new appliances in all oceanfront rooms. Come see us again to see the changes that are happening I really think you would find the oceanfront rooms excellent compared to a loft room.

Shaun W

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Always have a wonderful time at this motel-clean,updated,beautiful view and setting right on the beach. Of all the motels we've stayed at over the years, the kids like this motels' swimming pool/hot tub/sauna/steam room the BEST-and it's right on the beach! Their restaurant is beautiful,wonderful oceanfront seating. Especially want to mention Karen Monroe-ask for her for the ultimate in customer service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Duane 128,

Thank you for sharing your comments about our location. You pointed out some of our most popular features like the 24 hour indoor pool that is the largest in Seaside, clean rooms, our updates have that home been done, oceanfront restaurant, and fabulous employees. Happy that you had a wonderful time and come see us again.

Shaun

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Karen Monroe & her employee Brian are amazing individuals. Not only did they take good care of me & my family, they did it with sincerity. They' great & the hotel is wonderful. Very clean & comfortable. I love how the rooms have kitchens. Saves us a lot of money. My kids enjoyed the ocean view. Thank you sooooo much Karen & Brian!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a nice relaxing place at Seaside OR I highly recommend Shilo Inn Seaside O...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Rae Marie L,

Always fantastic to hear about fantastic employees and guests who have amazing times in our very clean and comfortable establishment. I’ll be sure to share your comments. Thanks for taking the time to share and come see us again soon.