“At least it was free...”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here as a part of a vacation package in a single queen room with no ocean view. I'll start with the positives. The staff was stellar, super helpful and nice. The Restaurant and lounge were fantastic with good food, great prices and really good drinks. The pool and spa area were nice, clean and relaxing. The location is perfect, right on the beach with covered parking and within walking distance to anything you could possibly need or want in Seaside. With all of the great things to do there, even in the off-season, the point in being there is to not spend a lot of time in the hotel, but enjoying the city - which is exactly what we did.

It became a point to spend as little time in our room as possible. The room itself was small and awkwardly laid out. The bed was extremely uncomfortable, neither my husband nor I slept more than a 3 hour stretch at a time. That also could have been due to the paper-thin walls (we could hear our neighbor's conversations, phone calls and comings and goings). The plumbing was loud and the bathroom was really small. While walking to the bathroom while my husband was on the bed, he laughed and said that all of the furniture I walked by moved when I passed - I'm not a large person by any means.

There is no way I would stay at this hotel again unless it had been completely renovated to reduce the noise and the mattresses were replaced.

Room Tip: Maybe the ocean-front rooms are better?
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear MrsKingman,

Thanks for taking the time to share some very positive items such as stellar staff, fantastic food, clean, great location, and nice pool and spa. I’m sorry that you found the standard non view room to be small and noisy. The oceanfront rooms are much larger, full kitchens, fireplaces, and private balconies. They are also away from the walk ways and generally provide a much quieter experience. We also do replace mattress on regular basis, so every mattress has only been here a few years. We have no problem showing people different rooms till you find the one that fits their needs perfectly. Please come see us again, I would love to get you in an oceanfront room.

Shaun

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a King ocean view room which was wonderful! Bed comfortable, kitchenette good, bath good size and view was Spectular! Husband and I were staying at another hotel on the beach and wanted to stay another night because weather was beautiful. Our hotel was booked so walked down to Shiloh. Rick was at the front desk and was very accommodating and friendly. He booked us a room and said he would try and make sure we could check in early since we had to check out by 11:00 at other hotel. When we arrived the next day at 11:00 our room was waiting for us! I would absolutely stay at the Shiloh Oceanfront hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A good location, but no breakfast and an odd configuration of rooms. I would recommend ocean front rooms on the 3 floor or above only. Our room was large, with a small kitchen. The bathroom was small.

Room Tip: We had an ocean front on the 2nd floor, but it also overlooked the air conditioning unit and a flat...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank buchtel60
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear buchtel60,

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. All rooms listed as oceanfront will be the 3rd floor or higher. All other rooms are sold as either partial or non view rooms. We also will start offering a continental breakfast on the weekdays during the winter months very shortly. We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We reserved a room here because everywhere else was full for Labor Day weekend, Saturday night. We didn't expect much because their 'was' availability. :) When we arrived, we stated we needed good sleep and asked for their quietest room and the sweet staff person asked her manager which of two rooms she selected did he think would be quietest... We must have looked exhausted and in need of good rest, because the manager looked at us and then offered us his suite! Sweet! He said he wasn't staying in it that weekend. We felt very spoiled. It was gorgeous!! Wowee!! But, everything about the inn was wonderful! We ate lunch in the restaurant at an oeanside table and the waitress went out of her way to please our son. We loved the pool, sauna and hot-tub. And the location can not be beat!!!

Since everyone was so friendly and ultra accommodating, we knew we would want to come back! But, since we were so spoiled by the manager's suite, we decided we better at least check out a regular room so we would know what to expect for next time. It wasn't as plush as the suite, ha ha, but we could tell we would be quite happy with the regular rooms as they are very nice, plus there is the awesome view!

Even after we checked out, we still found the staff at Shilo to be ultra accommodating. We accidently left our orthopedic pillows there but didn't realize it until the next night at another hotel on our journey... The kind manager came back to the hotel from his home to locate them for us. Wow! Then, on our way home, after staying at less-friendly places along the coast, we stopped back by Shilo and asked if they had coupon books for the outlet mall and even though it had been days since we were there, they spent time locating for us.

We were so thankful and appreciative of all the staff at Shilo Inns. They 'made' our vacation and fabulous memories. Wowee! :)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank L D
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Lorri D,

We are very happy to hear about your awesome experience here at the Shilo. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience. We take good pride in trying to pamper each guest here. Come see us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Third time staying here and have no complaints! friendly staff has always been the best. We always reserve a room with a view and try to catch at least a few meals in the Shilos restaurant. Tammi was the best! We will be back...............

Room Tip: third floor west side........
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear joe s,

Thanks for being one of our many repeat guests. Glad to hear you got pampered Shilo style and I’ll make sure Tammi reads your comments. See you soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed here only twice and the staff remembered me! What could be better...it's right on the beach, I park and don't drive again until I am leaving. Award-winning restaurants a 5-minute walk away, plenty of photo opps, live entertainment on-site - I can't find a reason not to stay here. As for the staff, they are never stuffy - very fun, personable, and accommodating. I will make a habit of staying here! Plenty of pillows, very comfortable beds, stocked kitchenette and fireplace.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathy T

Dear Kathy T.

We thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Habits are hard to break, so I’m sure we will see you often.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Shilo Inn Oceanfront in Seaside OR is located right on the beach perpendicular to the main street where all the restaurants and shops are located. So for an ideal location, this place can't be beat. The hotel's public spaces are clean and cheerful, and my room was spacious and well appointed. Even the price of about $130 a night was great considering in was during the 1st week of August. However, I don't know if the walls are made of paper, but there is so much noise in this place that it almost became comical. Every closing door or guest walking through the hall or in their room above and around me seemed magnified to an an intensity beyond belief. If you are a light sleeper, this place is definitely not for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Seaside Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Lafcomike,

Glad to hear that you found this to be a great location, room was spacious, well appointed and thought the place to be clean and cheerful. August is the busiest time for us with lots of people in town. I do recommend people choose the oceanfront rooms as these rooms get off the hallways and generally are a more quiet experience. Lafcomike, thanks for your comments and I hope you will come back and see us in the off season when it is much quieter.