Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn
Inn at Seaside(Seaside)
  • Pool
The Gilbert Inn(Seaside)
1,204 results
All reviewsocean frontroom was cleancontinental breakfastpartial viewgas fireplacean older hotelseparate bedroomhot tubyogurtthird floorclose to downtownindoor pooloceanfront roomcookiesgreat pricestaff was very friendlygreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2007

We have stayed at the Ebbtide on four different occasions over the past 12 years or so. The first three were great. This last trip, not so great. It had been almost three years since we last stayed there, and it is declining.

The rooms look right out onto the ocean, so the views are great. The rooms are old and outdated. They have painted the outside of the hotel since the last time we stayed there three years ago - that is the only remodeling that I could see. Some paint on the wall in the bathroom was peeling. The carpet was frayed, and it is just kind of in depressing disrepair. The rooms are big, and clean.

There is a coffee pot in every room, but no coffee. When my husband went to get coffee in the morning, he had to go the office and ask for it. They said that is how they do it. Well I think they should have offered it to us when we checked in if they aren't going to keep it in the room.

The price is very reasonable for being right on the ocean. The staff is friendly. This is an ok hotel - just not for a special stay.

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed September 2, 2007

I've stayed at most of the motels on the seaside prom and we love this one. It is one of the most inexpensive, though there are no balconies and one building has no elevator, but the windows are big. I agree with earlier posts - very clean and great value as each room has kitchenettes and fireplaces. Perfect location. In the corner rooms (321, 221) there are no screens on the side windows - be careful with kids and dogs!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LP1009
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed here because I picked up a coupon book at a grocery store that had a bunch of hotel discounts in it. We ended up paying $60 for a $165 room overlooking the ocean on the third floor with a queen size bed. Not bad! I wouldn't have stayed there without the coupon though, it's not worth $165 a night in my opinion. But they seemed to have no problems filling their rooms, they go fast! The rooms are exceptionally clean and the housekeepers work very hard, so kudos to them, but they did forget to empty the coffee maker of the last guest's coffee filter/grinds. Apparently some people had to wait hours for their rooms to be cleaned but we had no wait. They charge a $20 pet fee if you bring your pet which I think is a little excessive. Overall, it's a decent hotel right on the ocean!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadysmithTraveller
Reviewed July 24, 2007

I go to the Ebb tide every time I'm at seaside - The prices are fair - They do give discounts for AAA and if they are not all booked up they'll hook you up with an even better deal, as well if you fill out their cards on ratings when you leave they'll send you coupons for your next stay and up coming local events.
Ebb Tide is right on the beach for Early morning sea shell hunts alarm clock included, swimming and everything is within distance !!!!

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank harlowv
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel twice and love the location. You can't find a better place on the beach. Both times I requested the third floor overlooking the ocean, and the view is amazing. There wasn't a balcony, but the windows are huge and all that is between you and the beach is a sidewalk. They also usually have a coupon online for buy 2 nights get one free. The rooms are older, but our's had a small kitchen with fridge and microwave, which was nice. The indoor pool and spa were pretty nice, but it was so beautiful outside that we hardly used it. I would definitely recommend staying here if you don't want to spend a ton of money and love the beach!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple