“This place rocks!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington, United States
“This place rocks!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location, fun rooms and a super friendly staff. Was only there for a weekend but myself and my girlfriend had a blast. I will definitely be going back there. We were in the boat room. I think next time we will book the vintage games room!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Minnetonka
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Sandy Cove Inn is everything that comes to mind when I hear the term "mom and pop motel." It is run by people who obviously care about keeping the place up, and my husband and I were very pleased. Our room was not only immaculate, it was artfully decorated, and when I was checking in I noticed that the same attention to detail had been applied to the lobby. The proprietor was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable about the town, and even volunteered to do our laundry (we got caught in a "sneaker wave" in Cannon and dripping wet sandy clothing). We couldn't have been more pleased by Sandy Cove and would not hesitate to recommend it. There were homey touches and flowers to alleviate the asphalt parking lot, plus an outside spot to sit and enjoy the weather. The motel is also close to the start of the boardwalk, which was nice. Not fancy or high end, but we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Because we usually have a lot of luggage to cart around, I prefer a room on the ground floor.
1 Thank Kathy M
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Kathy, thanks so much for staying with us and taking the time to share about your experience. We love what we do and are so glad it shows. We were happy to have you stay with us and hope to see you again.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was clean and comfortable with artistic touches and a great shower. Good location near the quiet end of the beach, a store, and a pub. But what really stood out for us was chatting with Debbie at the front desk. She is down to earth and fun. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the 1940's room which was close to the stairs and our car. It is located near the...
1 Thank Barbara M
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My daughter and I had a wonderful driving vacation up the 101 of California and into Oregon and stopped in Seaside for a night. We made our reservations in advance without any trouble. Glad we did, as the town was booked full for some kind of convention! Damon, who greeted us at checkin, was a super nice guy! Gave us a couple of wonderful recommendations for dinner and breakfast! Yes, the biscuits and gravy at the Firehouse Grill WERE the best I've ever had! We stayed in the 60's room which was very cute and comfortable and we loved the lava lamp! We are not high maintenance and didn't require an iron, blow dryer or other useless stuff, so didn't miss that at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SueKKettering_Ohio
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

First of all, I have to admit that I would never have found this motel without TripAdvisor and, secondly, I would never have booked it without the glowing comments from previous travellers. Even so, I was a bit aprehensive about going there but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a quirky establishment with all rooms done in a theme. We stayed in the 1940's room and the furnishings certainly evoked memories of that era - definitely nothing new or fancy - and a small room with somewhat limited storage for bigger items such as a suitcase. Each room is equipped with a VCR - yes, a VCR - and there is a small library of tapes you can borrow that will bring back distant memories. On top of it all, we were provided with a real key to the room, something I haven't had in years. There is some noise from the other rooms on a busy weekend but the second night we were there, a Sunday, was quite peaceful and as stated by others, the motel is a short walk from the beach and away from the hustle and bustle of the main shopping area. I would certainly consider going back if I am ever in the area again.

1 Thank Aldergreen
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

If you go for luxury accommodations, this is not the place for you. But it is cute and quaint and is just a short walk to the beach. The rooms aren't furnished with iron, ironing board, or hair dryer, but all you have to do is ask and the front desk and they will get these items for you. I loved sleeping with the window open for the cool breezes and being able to hear the ocean waves breaking on the shore. I also liked the fact that the Inn was not located in the busy downtown area but on a quiet avenue. It was easily accessible. Everything was very clean and well kept. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Beth H
Sandy_Cove_Inn, Manager at Sandy Cove Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Beth, thanks for leaving such a fun review. Isn't listening to the ocean as you go to bed so cool? I love it too. Hope to see you again soon!
London
Reviewed September 14, 2012

You can still see the origins of this classic Motel but it has been brilliantly adapted for the modern traveller. Our room was nicely furnished with an assortment of classic lamps and a cast iron bedstead. The gentleman on reception was charming, efficient and informative.

The Inn is excellently situated a short walk from the beach and opposite a small, family run supermarket and a pleasant tavern - both of which we availed ourselves of.

1 Thank TravelJudge
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. Your compliment to the front desk made our week! Hope to see you again the next time you are in the States.