“Another great stay at a Best Western!”

Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had been on a mini road trip in Oregon and decided to check out this hotel. I read some good reviews on here so decided to see for myself. I looked on Expedia and Priceline and the rates were in the $200 price range. I decided to call the hotel directly to see what their best available rate was and they offered me $40.00 less than what Expedia and Priceline were offering! When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a friendly gentleman by the name of Jeff. Check in was fast and he made my guest and me feel so welcomed. The lobby decor was lovely and modern. There is a mini market available for snacks, drinks, and other items. There are also vending and ice machines on each floor. I stayed in room 303 and the view of the ocean was just absolutely beautiful! Room was clean, spacious and quiet.

We ordered room service and the food was just average. Nothing spectacular and a bit high in price. I would recommend to room service that they order or use rolling tables especially for large orders.

This hotel is near a lot of other restaurants and there is a grocery store nearby. Great location and this hotel was a great end to my mini-vacation. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for the terrific review and for sharing your positive experience with others. Certainly we can do better in the room service delivery area. Thank you for that feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,818)

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Booked a Groupon to stay at this hotel Memorial day and a couple days beyond. The hotel was nearly empty yet they still gave us the TINIEST room I have ever seen. Even though they knew we were two adults, a toddler AND a dog. There was barely enough space to move around in the room...and at night when the pack n play was up for our toddler to sleep in we couldn't even walk to get to the bathroom. I felt like a can of sardines. Would have been a very lovely trip if we had actually been in a room large enough to accommodate us. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bay S

I am very sorry the room was not to your liking. We market the room you booked as a "small, economy, non-view room for 1-2 people (no pets) on a limited budget". I am also sorry that an upgrade was not available to you as our standard practice is to offer an upgrade (if available). I completely agree with you that the small, economy, non-view room you booked is not large enough for three people and a pet.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 26th wedding anniversary. We had a fantastic room with a spa, balcony and view of the ocean. The food was excellent. However, I was not advised tip was included in room service, so be aware of that.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the kind words and for sharing your experience with others. It means a lot to us that we were able to help you enjoy your vacation.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had been to Seaside a few times for day trips but this was my first stay at this Best Western. The room was well kept and the view was great. As long as to get an ocean view room then it is a great deal for the room. Otherwise, it is a pretty average best western. I was happy overall.

Room Tip: Get the room on the ocean side
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing your ocean view room experience with others. There is nothing like a stay at the beach!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I always stay at this location when I visit the beach. It's a great value and they offer exceptional customer service. They've also been remodeling so it looks even nicer. Its nice that it's a few blocks from the boardwalk and easy access to the beach. I cannot wait until my next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014

We greatly appreciate you and the loyalty. And thank you for noticing all of the improvements. The Lobby was completed last month, along with the addition of the new fitness room. The exterior has a fresh new look all the way around. And our new balcony chairs arrived today. We are all jazzed up.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very relaxing time, great sea food. sounds of ocean make for good sleep. would go there again staff was friendly , all in all very nice trip. close to many sea food restaurants, I would recommend to friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much. Sharing your positive experience with others and recommending us is the greatest compliment we could ever ask for. Thank you very much

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The room was clean, everything functioned properly, and the staff were cheery and helpful. The location right on the Prom sidewalk and only a few blocks from the town center was excellent. The parking lot was a bit cramped, but that was not a huge issue, and as others have mentioned, there is no a/c. But there was a fan in our room and it wasn't warm enough outside to even use the fan anyway, so temp control wasn't an issue either. The hotel has a restaurant that looked decent, but I didn't try it.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the kind words and positive feedback. You have made our day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Comfort Inn and Suites by Seaside Convention Center/Boardwalk
#7 of 27 in Seaside
Inn at the Shore
Inn at the Shore
#11 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!