“Ocean View, Seaside”

Best Western Ocean View Resort
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The maintenance and reception staff were excellent. The cleaning staff not as thorough as I would have liked. The rooms are spacious and the beds comfortable. Although my room had an electric fireplace, many rooms have gas with a great view of the ocean. Salvatore's Restaurant, which is attached to the hotel, had good food but the wait-staff are not attentive and the food arrived lukewarm. In general, I would recommend this hotel to others, but would advise eating dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

I am very sorry that we were not able to meet all of your expectations, There is no excuse for lukewarm food and I know we can do better. I hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very nice hotel right on the beach and within short walking distance of downtown Seaside. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. If you are going to Seaside, OR I recommend staying here and do yourself a favor and get an ocean view room. I didn't see any places in Seaside with better accommodations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for the great review and kind words. It means a lot to us that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

A perfect place to stay in Seaside. The rooms are great, with kitchen area for cooking if desired. The staff were all happy, friendly and helpful. We had a dog with us, and were made to feel right at home. Perfect ground floor room with fenced patio, so the dog could "hang" outside. Wonderful electric fireplace, and just a short walk out the door to the beach. Loved watching all the people walk by and the beach is beautiful. Great value, great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

We have Great guests who bring out the very best in us. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to show off our recent improvements with much more to come. Our team of professionals love it when they excel.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This hotel room could not have been more perfect. We had planned to only stay for 2 nights but added a third night because it was so great. Wanted to stay longer but have to head back to work eventually... Loved the beach view and super room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow! Back at you. We love GREAT reviews as our team relishes the chance to make your stay perfect and the experience second to none. Thanks for giving us that opportunity.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very poor experience on Thanksgiving day. I happen to noticed a white powdery grainy substance on fireplace mantel and when I reported it to the front desk, the manager was too lazy to investigate herself, instead sent housekeeping to have a look. Housekeeping, who was very nice, thought it came from the popcorn ceiling which is what I thought too. She notified the GM manager who was indifferent and rude about my complaint even though I was worried that me and my dog slept in a room for two nights that may have had asbestos dust present. The way both managers handled a 'potential' safety issue was very unprofessional and negligent. It was only until I escalated the problem to BW corporate office that the manager was forced to do something and take responsibility. What a mess this day has been. Also, if you have a Groupon, read the small print regarding the room size....it smaller than you might think.....I ended up getting another room; the room with the mysterious white grainy substance on the mantel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Renee439
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

I am very sorry that your concerns were not responded to in a more timely manner. The white powdery substance on the mantle was simply dry wall dust left from a small wall repair. No asbestos or other hazard of any type exists. In my own communication to you the same day we offered a complete refund of your two-night stay, testament to our concern about our guests (regardless of the room rate paid). The dry wall dust was an oversight on our part and for that, we apologize. I hope you will accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 wonderful days at this hotel. The location along the beachfront Promenade and down a couple of blocks from town center made for quiet nights to sleep. The room has everything you need, including a small kitchenette, very comfy beds, and of course awesome views. It was very clean and when asked for anything extra, the courteous housekeepinng staff was quick to oblige. The onsite restaurant had great food and service.
I can't say enough about the amazing front desk staff (Jeff especially).
I'm sure we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks to you for staying with us. It is our privilege. The beach is a great place to be even in the winter. With the occasional storm comes great rates. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The outward welcoming appearance could use some updating but otherwise it is a very relaxing place to stay. The rooms themselves are nice, the pool and the hot tub are at just the right temperature and they use a salt treatment which I find more pleasant than chlorine. It is a little small but other than that quite enjoyable. It was an overall very relaxing and pleasant stay. The only thing I would change would be the outer appearance of the place. Satisfying experience for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review which includes helpful information for other guests. We appreciate the feedback and always strive to do better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Inn at Seaside
#9 of 15 in Cannon Beach
River Inn at Seaside
River Inn at Seaside
#3 of 27 in Seaside

Been to Best Western Ocean View Resort? Share your experiences!