“Enjoyed the renovations and upgrades”

Best Western Ocean View Resort
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Bend
“Enjoyed the renovations and upgrades”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Has been more than a year since we stayed here and really impressed by the new beds, new corridor tile and carpeting, and other added amenities. We checked in just in time for an awesome sunset. Fantastic! The room was very clean and the staff as usual friendly and accommodating. Only suggestion perhaps a back up person close at hand for the registration to rely upon to assist with phone calls while people are checking in. It would reduce the stress and need for multi tasking. Still, very focused and friendly staff. Very restful nights sleep for the 3 of us. Great breakfast in the morning and again friendly attentive service. Price value outstanding Hope to come back in the fall!

Room Tip: Nice indoor pool area! Murphy beds are comfortable and a valued amenity over a sofa bed or rollaway...
1 Thank godloveya
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thanks for the great review and recognition of our many improvements since your last stay. See you again soon we hope.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked on price line (name your price $66 a night) and called ahead to upgrade to ocean view with kitchenette. I was blown away by the view and great clean room. The hotel has had some great modern renos, it was as nice as the 5 star I stayed in in Maui. We got to our room before it was ready (3pm) and they ended up knocking $40 off our room (we'd paid a $40 upgrade fee per night to switch rooms). So overall we paid $86 a night for this room :) the third floor had a great beach view too! We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, it was very good and the kids ate free (our bill was $16!) I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in seaside. The beach access was awesome , sweet two minute walk to the cute downtown shopping. Nice stay

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank MauiMommyof2
Thanks for the great comments and the view is spectacular! I also appreciate the recognition of our improvements and the staff service.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed for three nights in one of the economy rooms. The room was small, without a view and on a *very* noisy corridor. The walls had zero soundproofing. Between the noise of the people in the corridor speaking at normal volumes, the outside door slamming throughout the night as drunk hotel guests stumbled in and the noise of screaming teenagers running up and down the hollow main stairwell adjacent the room, I would be hard-pressed to say the room was relaxing... I was not very impressed with it... I wholeheartedly recommend paying the extra $40 a night to not stay in any of the 'A' rooms. I can't fault the nightly rate - but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't stay in an economy room aka rooms that end in 'A.'
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I am very sorry about the noise. The small, economy, non-view rooms are small and I know the staff had some ocean front rooms available for upgrade. I hope you will give us another opportunity as we certainly want all of our guests happy.
Beaverton, Oregon, Usa
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in the king/ queen oceanfront. Room 510. It was beautiful! The staff were very accommodating. Pool was clean. Beds were super comfortable. We Also did the smores pack, very worth it. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much. It does not get better than perfect !
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We got a Living Social deal and got a beautiful hotel view with two queen beds. The room was beautiful! And CLEAN! It Had a kitchenette, in which we enjoyed our fresh crab we caught earlier that day. They took dogs for a small deposit ($20), which she enjoyed herself too! We swam in the pool, and enjoyed the hot tub to top our day. It was very close to the main drag, very close to the shops and food, but they do have a nice restaurant /bar in the hotel. We called room service to bring up just sugar, and they couldn't have been nicer! We enjoyed our stay very much, and if the rates weren't so high regularly, we'd probably come more often. (single mom salary) We would recommend this place for anyone that wanted to stay a weekend!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the good review and kind words.
Puyallup, Washington, Usa
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I took my two older kids here for the weekend and it was great. Beds are AWESOME.. pillows are perfect.. Room is huge and it didn't matter that we did not have an ocean view as we were not in the room until after dark anyway. The restaurant Salvatores serves excellent food. Very, very good and large portions. Service was great as well. Hot tube is super and inviting. Pool, not so much. It looked murky but I am not a pool expert and have no idea why. My one and only little complaint was the whimpy hair dryer and really small in-room coffee pot. I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room online through a travel broker site and had booked a king room with an ocean view. When arrived, we had been booked into a queen room without a view. I was told that I shouldn't have booked through a third party because that can happen. I asked the front desk why the hotel had chosen to be a party to a site if they were aware that booking problems could occur with it. She did not have an answer for me. We were offered an upgrade to a suite for an additional fee. The suite was lovely.

There was an issue with noise later in the evening. I called the front desk and was told that it was just because other guests were returning from a night out. A half hour later, it was still extremely loud so I called again. I was told that the other guests (who were out in the halls and partying) were doing nothing untoward and I would just have to deal with it. I was appalled by the uncaring and unprofessional attitude of the front desk agent.

I complained through the Best Western site and received a prompt response from a manager.

I would be hesitant to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AlissaJayne
I am very sorry you feel this way. You booked a non-view, economy, smaller single room at a discount and we were able to upgrade on arrival for a nominal fee. The desk staff and management went to great lengths to discover any noise in the hallway that might have disturbed you and we simply did not see it. I am sorry you feel this way and I hope you will reconsider.