“Economy Rooms - You Get What You Pay For” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort

BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Seaside
Vancouver, Canada
“Economy Rooms - You Get What You Pay For”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed for three nights in one of the economy rooms. The room was small, without a view and on a *very* noisy corridor. The walls had zero soundproofing. Between the noise of the people in the corridor speaking at normal volumes, the outside door slamming throughout the night as drunk hotel guests stumbled in and the noise of screaming teenagers running up and down the hollow main stairwell adjacent the room, I would be hard-pressed to say the room was relaxing... I was not very impressed with it... I wholeheartedly recommend paying the extra $40 a night to not stay in any of the 'A' rooms. I can't fault the nightly rate - but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't stay in an economy room aka rooms that end in 'A.'
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I am very sorry about the noise. The small, economy, non-view rooms are small and I know the staff had some ocean front rooms available for upgrade. I hope you will give us another opportunity as we certainly want all of our guests happy.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Beaverton, Oregon, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed in the king/ queen oceanfront. Room 510. It was beautiful! The staff were very accommodating. Pool was clean. Beds were super comfortable. We Also did the smores pack, very worth it. We will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much. It does not get better than perfect !
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We got a Living Social deal and got a beautiful hotel view with two queen beds. The room was beautiful! And CLEAN! It Had a kitchenette, in which we enjoyed our fresh crab we caught earlier that day. They took dogs for a small deposit ($20), which she enjoyed herself too! We swam in the pool, and enjoyed the hot tub to top our day. It was very close to the main drag, very close to the shops and food, but they do have a nice restaurant /bar in the hotel. We called room service to bring up just sugar, and they couldn't have been nicer! We enjoyed our stay very much, and if the rates weren't so high regularly, we'd probably come more often. (single mom salary) We would recommend this place for anyone that wanted to stay a weekend!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the good review and kind words.
Puyallup, Washington, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I took my two older kids here for the weekend and it was great. Beds are AWESOME.. pillows are perfect.. Room is huge and it didn't matter that we did not have an ocean view as we were not in the room until after dark anyway. The restaurant Salvatores serves excellent food. Very, very good and large portions. Service was great as well. Hot tube is super and inviting. Pool, not so much. It looked murky but I am not a pool expert and have no idea why. My one and only little complaint was the whimpy hair dryer and really small in-room coffee pot. I will definitely visit again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to your next stay.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked our room online through a travel broker site and had booked a king room with an ocean view. When arrived, we had been booked into a queen room without a view. I was told that I shouldn't have booked through a third party because that can happen. I asked the front desk why the hotel had chosen to be a party to a site if they were aware that booking problems could occur with it. She did not have an answer for me. We were offered an upgrade to a suite for an additional fee. The suite was lovely.

There was an issue with noise later in the evening. I called the front desk and was told that it was just because other guests were returning from a night out. A half hour later, it was still extremely loud so I called again. I was told that the other guests (who were out in the halls and partying) were doing nothing untoward and I would just have to deal with it. I was appalled by the uncaring and unprofessional attitude of the front desk agent.

I complained through the Best Western site and received a prompt response from a manager.

I would be hesitant to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AlissaJayne
I am very sorry you feel this way. You booked a non-view, economy, smaller single room at a discount and we were able to upgrade on arrival for a nominal fee. The desk staff and management went to great lengths to discover any noise in the hallway that might have disturbed you and we simply did not see it. I am sorry you feel this way and I hope you will reconsider.
Gresham, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My granddaughter and I ran away to Seaside for a weekday visit and had a great couple days at the Best Western. We enjoyed a very nice and quiet ocean front room with a balcony, fireplace and fantastic view. Beach access was too easy and made those impromptu beach runs fun. Although the pool was closed for some repairs, we were able to use the pool at the River tide, just a few blocks away.
Our meals at the on site restaurant were simply delicious and I highly recommend.... and the kids eat free!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your thoughtful words. We really appreciate it!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been bringing a special needs person to stay at the Best Western Ocean View Resort twice a year for a number of years. Every visit has been completely satisfying, as the attention, service and care of the staff is excellent. We are greeted by name, even at the initial phone call to make reservations. They always make sure that my special needs person gets just the right room on the 5th floor. And just when I thought the staff could not possibly do any better, they out-did themselves in our most recent visit. Heidi and the rest of the front desk staff were just fabulous. My special needs person loves going there and the staff is so respectful and attentive. My person talks about each visit for weeks afterwards. We shall return! Again! And again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are thrilled that you had a great time and that we can make it easy for you as well. Thank you for the kind words. They mean a lot.