“Good night, BAD morning!”

BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Keizer, Oregon
“Good night, BAD morning!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a youth basketball tournament. Hotel was clean and our room was decent. We woke up to cold showers (along with many other families that were with us). When we went down for our "free" breakfast, the restaurant was packed. The people waiting to be seated were finally seated after about 5 minutes that we joined them in line and we were not even acknowledged. After about 10 minutes of standing there (& still not being acknowledged), the people in front of us who had been seated, came walking out in disappointment. Also, the tables were full, but none of them had food. The kitchen must have been short staffed, which is a huge problem when the hotel is sold out...We ended up leaving because we didn't have that kind of time to wait for breakfast Very disappointing!!

• Stayed January 2013
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and I am very sorry about the hot water problem and slow restaurant service. This has been corrected. I am glad you found the hotel clean and your room well appointed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Copalis Beach, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in December. Room faced ocean, and was fairly large and very clean (included mini-frig, stove top, sink, microwave oven). Nice balcony. Restaurant surprisingly good, though menu is somewhat limited (the spaghetti sauce was quite spicy, which I like, but beware if spicy isn't your thing). The only grip I have is their wi-fi. Every time you want to use it you have to enter your password, which then takes you to the BW corporate site, so you then have to Google from there. Most hotels I've stayed in remember your password and connect you directly to the web. I complained at the front desk and their response was that when you turn off your smart phone or computer and later turn it back on, that's what happens in any hotel. That's just not true. If this place wasn't so nice, this would be a deal breaker for me, but it isn't in this case.

Room Tip: All rooms have views, but some face west and some face northwest. West gets setting sun in evening...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boba543
Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and I will certainly follow-up on the Wi-Fi password retention issue. We take great care to provide a secure network that is user-friendly. Thank you again for staying with us.
Portland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Front desk clerk was awful. I'm a business traveler and didn't have room cleaned. Had to wait for a late check out to leave? Got into the room and their Internet didn't work, or my air card for service so I could work. I also couldn't get calls on my Verizon or AT&T phone. The neighbors were loud all night and nothing was done about it. The property, in general, is run down and gross. Stay at Rivertides. After I checked out that's where I went and got a beautiful room, view, free breakfast, Internet, AND it was $20 a night cheaper.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Bodie P
I am very sorry about your stay. I did a thorough review with the staff and no one recollects any complaint from your room (or any other) on that evening over noise. We removed the late checkout fee as you checked out after 12 noon as a simple gesture of our thanks for staying with us. We are surprised with this review and will work hard to improve.Thanks again.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very nice hotel. Great view of the ocean! Located a little distance from the Prom, but not too far. Nice walk along the beach. Lots of parking and well lit. Enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Wish it had longer hours though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Terrance B, Owner at BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate the strong recommendation of the ocean front rooms. They are terrific to be sure!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here atleast 5 times, always towards the end of December.
The hotel location is fantastic, and the prices are reasonable.
Splurge for an ocean view room, it's what makes the stay worthwhile.
The rooms are fancy, but we've found them to be generally clean and in good order.
The ocean view is priceless.

Room Tip: Ocean view and top floor if at all possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words and great compliments.
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I saw a groupon for the hotel in December and called to see if I could buy one and use it during the holidays when I was informed that I can book directly with them and get the same price.

I booked an Economy room and read all of the reviews and was expecting something extremely tiny. I'm not sure if it's because I stayed in tiny hotels while in Northern Europe this summer or what, but I was pleasantly surprised at the space.

The customer service is excellent and we had one meal at the restaurant, which was also good. The only weird thing that happened was that I was originally charged an extra $40 because they thought I stayed an extra day (when I clearly checked out, paid my bill, and got a receipt). However, I'm not going to hold that against them as the person I spoke to reversed the charges.

The beds are a bit on the soft side, but I had a sound sleep both nights. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for the great comments especially about the small, economy, non-view room offered at a special rate,. It is a great value.