Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort
River Inn at Seaside(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
$111
ComfortInn
$126
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn Seaside Oregon(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$119
$95
QualityInn
Rivertide Suites Hotel(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$150
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Seashore Inn on the Beach(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$149
Inn at the Shore(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$88
Inn at the Prom(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$104
Ashore Hotel(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$121
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
1,866 results
All reviewsocean viewwall bedbest westernshotel restaurantoregon coastfront desk stafffirst floorking bedgreat roomget awayfree breakfasttop floorhot tubcannon beachoff seasonstaff was very friendlygas fireplace
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This an awesome place to stay, everyone was very friendly and the room was excellent. The staff was very helpful and cheerful as well. The front desk people where very cheerful when we checked out a worker that was just comming to work and not clocked in helped us check out. Wounderful experience.

Room Tip: the ocean view is awesome
1  Thank harleyguy222
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you for the great review. The staff really try hard to please our guests and meet expectations. Thanks for recognizing that effort.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last weekend, August 17th and 18th. I called and booked the hotel room directly with the hotel so I could ask questions and know exactly what I was getting. I also checked trip advisor and read very good reviews that said the hotel had great ocean views. I booked two oceanfront rooms that they had a special on, if 250.00 dollars a room night is a special. The hotel reservationist told me that the special was for the first and second floors. She said the views were a little better on the second floor, so I requested the second floor. When we got to the hotel and checked in at the exact time check-in started, we were told all of the second floors were taken with stay overs from Thursday. We got checked in to our first floor oceanfront rooms and when we got to our rooms there was no view at all, only the boardwalk and grass. I feel the hotel should have told me that the oceanfront rooms on the first floor had no views, so I could have booked elsewhere and saved the cost of an oceanfront room. Without being able to see the ocean I might as well have been anywhere else. I told the hotel staff that they should tell people that these oceanfront rooms had no view and was told that that would not be very good marketing to advertise oceanfront rooms with no view. Maybe not, but it would have been true. I realize the hotel can't control the view, but they could have put these rooms in a different class with different pricing, that way people would know what they were getting. I also found out that the first and second floors were pet floors. I was not told this in advance. I knew they had some pet friendly rooms, but I thought they would put people with pets in them and save non pet friendly rooms for others. These rooms had carpet in them and smelled strongly of pet urine. They did move us to the second floor on our second night, although the view was good on that floor, the room also had a strong urine odor.

The hotel did offer us free breakfast, but we declined the offer and paid for our breakfast. Free breakfast could not have made up for our disappointing experience. The one good thing about the hotel was the breakfast buffet. The rooms were also well appointed and looked nice, but if you are traveling without pets, be sure to get above the second floor for both the view and the smell.

Jan Forrester
Tennessee

Room Tip: Above second floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I am very sorry about this experience. The ocean front rooms on the first floor are marketed as ocean front but not ocean "view" as the sand dunes in front of the hotel are currently blocking most of the ocean view. I also apologize for any below standard conditions found in the room. I will personally look into this and correct it. I am glad the staff were able to move you to a higher floor and rectify some of the problem.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We paid top dollar for this room and did have a great view BUT...WiFi was terrible! We count on that while traveling. Kept getting bumped off. Even got droped in the middle of trying to make a reservation at another Best Western! Very annoying to say the least. There is NO breakfast included not even continental. There are many resturants nearby so maybe they do you a favor. There is no A/C in rooms. Ceiling fan does pretty good job if it's not too hot. There is a gas fireplace in some rooms. Nice for those cold nights. Jacuzzi tubs in some rooms surrounded by glass look out at the ocean. Very cool. Fridge (w/freezer) Microwave and coffee maker in room.
You do need to ask for ocean view if you want to see the ocean (great sunsets). Pricey but they all are here in Seaside. It is located at the far end of the boardwalk but many nice resturants are an easy walk. Easy walk out to the beach too. There are two elevators but they get very busy around 4PM, the strictly inforced check in time. When one breaks down as it did when we checked in you have a problem. There is an indoor pool and spa as well.

Room Tip: If you are counting on reliable internet or need A/C when its hot..look elsewhere.
1  Thank Hal R

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the kind words about the room and its cleanliness. The ocean views from the first floor ocean front rooms are somewhat blocked by the beach and the sand dunes (which is controlled by the state). The Dunes are scheduled to be landscaped next Spring. Generally Air Conditioning is not needed on the Coast however I understand your concern and apologize.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I should have read the previous reviews more carefully. As another reviewer mentioned, the first floor should not be priced the same as the 2nd floor and it should be more obvious that there is no ocean view.
Pros: Oceanfront location, helpful staff, saline pool, contemporary rooms with good size LCD TVs
Cons: The 1st floor does not have an ocean view, 1st floor is very noisy due to traffic from the lobby, pool, and cleaning supply room. Bedroom walls are very thin and rattled when neighboring unit closed their door. The smoke alarm chirped in the middle of the night. The ceiling fan squeaked on the low settings. The bed also sagged in the middle and the room prices are expensive.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for the review as well as the positive comments about our cleanliness, location and staff. The room you reserved is advertised as "Oceanfront" not Ocean View. The Unobstructed ocean views are on floors 2-5. I am sorry that this was overlooked at the time of the reservation. The Hotel is solid concrete however I understand your concerns about the noise levels from other guests and I am sorry that other guests were not more respectful. Look on our website for great rates and specials.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great Ocean View The Best Place To Stay If You Have Dogs.Will Stay Here Many More Times.
The Staff Is Great The Rooms Are Just Right For Couples.The Beds Are Very Cozy And Soft.Have Been Going Here For The Last Few Years And Will Continue To Do So

Room Tip: The SEcond And Above Floors Are The Best For The Ocean Views
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words and loyalty. We look forward to your next visit.