“Great Ocean View Hotel in Seaside”

Best Western Ocean View Resort
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Seaside, Oregon
“Great Ocean View Hotel in Seaside”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Best Western Ocean View Resort is a great hotel. I had a bright and clean updated room, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is steps from the beach! I enjoyed sitting on my balcony watching the beautiful Seaside Summer sunset! I would definantly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Owner53, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We spent 9 days at the Best Western Ocean View Resort in Seaside, OR in July, 2012. Reservatioins were made easily and confirmed quickly. We had a corner room on an upper floor. The hotel was clean, and the staff was friendly and responsive. We had a great view, adequate kitchen facilities, comfortable Queen size beds. The Hotel is far enough away from the circle that you do not have to deal with crowds and noise, but you are only a 5 minute walk away if that interests you. We were interested in a relaxing getaway, and the Ocean View Resort made it possible. I would like to brag on Heidi on the front desk, and Maria cleaning our room. Food at the restaurant is good, and reasonably priced. I had read some negative reviews on this property, but did not find anything to complain about. I will be returning next year.

Room Tip: All Ocean View rooms have great views.
1 Thank Dallas_TXJim
Owner53, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for the positive words and compliments. We certainly are not perfect and I appreciate knowing that we made your vacation special and memorable. Thanks again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I visited the Best Western Ocean View Resort in June, and I had a great experience! The service was excellent and everyone was so friendly! I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Seaside..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for recognizing our staff and team members. We call every guest upon arrival to make sure everything is to their liking. Thank you for commenting on this as it reinforces its value. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.
Portland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Recently stayed at this property and it was a great experience. We reserved rooms 302 and 302a which were on the 3rd floor and had a wonderful ocean view from room 302. Room 302a was a connecting room with a queen bed and separate bath which worked out wonderful for our needs. The room itself was very clean and it was a surprise to see that the remote control for the TV (supposed to be one of the dirtiest things in most hotel rooms we hear) was in it's own sanitized bag.

We had only been in the room about 15 minutes before the front desk called our room and asked if there was anything we needed. Very nice. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel had an Italian restaurant in the lobby. We did not eat there, but the menu looked like it had a nice selection and guests are given a ten percent off coupon.

The location was good as it was a short walk on the paved Oceanside path into the main part of Seaside. This worked out really well as we were pushing a baby stroller.

This would be our choice of hotels again for a stay in Seaside. It was close enough to be convenient ... yet far enough away from the busy downtown area.

1 Thank PortlandPhyl
Terrance B, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for the terrific review! We love it when we can hit it out of the ballpark for our guests.
Sunnyside, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have stayed here everytime we go to seaside, its a sure thing that you will get a clean room and all the ammenities you need to not leave the hotel. Rooms are a decent size and clean. I have kids so its important that there be a pool. They also have movie to rent downstairs and offer movie packages and a campfire/smores package for a night on the beach. So convenient. They have a bar and a restaraunt on site which was great for my husband and I. I really appreciated the front desk hotel staff. We had went out to the beach for a campfire and i accidentally dropped all the graham crackers into the sand before we even started our smores, so my son went back in to the hotel with money thinking we were going to have to buy more and after he explained to the front desk what had happened, they just gave him a new pack. It's little things like this that customers appreciate. Familys on vacation are there to have a good time and i would recommend this hotel to other familys,.

Room Tip: best room to get is an ocean view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Owner53, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I know it is a little thing but our staff really enjoy going the extra step (or mile) for our guests. We care a great deal and we know family vacation time is precious. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Superior, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Got here at 8:00 pm. Was really looking forward to suite as sharing room with teenagers is not always the most fun thing to do. Well, half an hour earlier they released my room to someone else. I had got a managers special on the suite, and I think the manager looked for a room booked at a low rate to release to walk-in customers who would pay higher rate. They left a message on my home phone and said I had to call back within 5 minutes to claim my room. The manager gave me a smaller room (double queen) that was barely adequate. My boys had to sleep on a uncomfortable Murphy bed. She tried to give it to me for $239, but I demanded a lower rate since my rate on the suite was $279 and I felt that paying $239 for a double was unreasonable given the special I had got. So she finally gave it to me for $199. I have never had such poor treatment. I would never go here again as they "bait and switch" people who make reservations ahead of time. They claim they have vacancies but in reality they don't - they just push out people of their rooms and put them in a smaller room or "walk" them to another hotel (look under overselling in Wikipedia for explanation of this practice.)

3 Thank pjc62
Owner53, Owner at Best Western Ocean View Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
I am very sorry about what happened. The credit card you used to guarantee the room had expired. We did call you in advance of the arrival and there was no response. On arrival I know the guest service manager explained the situation and all we had left was an ocean front room (not the ocean front suite) which we discounted substantially. We offered a two-bedroom suite at our sister hotel (The Rivertide Suites) which you declined. I am truly sorry the credit card expired and we were not able to reach in advance (although we tried). I hope you will visit us again. We really do care about our guests.
Boston
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive room for one night since I was driving up the Oregon coast into Washington. I booked a low-priced one at the Best Western based on location, and when checking in, the receptionist asked if I wanted to upgrade. After seeing the room, I understand why she asked: it was a hobbit room, barely bigger than the bed, half the size of a standard room, with the only window looking out on hallway with plenty of foot traffic. Needless to say, we paid the upgrade fee, the upgraded room was perfectly pleasant with a nice view of the beach and ocean.

Room Tip: Avoid the really cheap, hobbit-sized rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Red_Sock
I am sorry about the initial experience however, i am glad the room you actually stayed in was to your complete satisfaction. We find that some guests, when booking the "small economy, non-view room" (which is the way it is advertised) upon arrival find the room too small, particularly for 3-4 people. (We advertise the room as accommodating 1-2 people). I am glad this worked out for you. I only wish that the review was reflective of the room you actually stayed in, not the one you originally reserved. We hope to see you again soon.