“An Escape from the Ordinary”
Review of Yummy Wine Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Yummy Wine Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Yummy Wine Bar and Bistro is a relaxing, cozy, and quiet escape in Seaside. We consider a stop at Yummy's to be a priority when we are in town.

The wine list is extensive and should match any budget. The food is exceptional, varied, and always well presented. The wait staff is friendly and helpful.

We recommend a visit to Yummy to all our friends when they go to Seaside.

1  Thank Gary N

Reviewed February 21, 2009

A couple of nights ago I dropped into Yummy for a meal. I had first visited the place in 2008, and enjoyed the food, wine and atmosphere - and the service was excellent and friendly.

This time, however, the server seemed to be going from friendly to irritated. She definitely seemed upset that myself and my friend weren't ordering a three course meal or the prix fixe menu. I had some difficulty in picking a wine by the glass and this also seemed a point of irritation. Orders placed, our drinks were promptly served and the food came along in good order. The food was marvelous. My colleague had the minnestrone while I had the fava bean and bacon risotto.

In almost all the conversations I had with the server, which was mostly complimentary to the restaurant, there was this air of annoyance. Why is it people in the "service industry" forget what the industry is about? It doesn't kill someone to be hospitable and pleasant to the customer. After all, I could've taken my business elsewhere. Honestly, I had friendlier service at Dooger's Restaurant for lunch. Much nicer.

Needless to say, I can't say I want to rush back to Yummy. The food is great but that is only part of the dining experience. In this economy restaurants need to be cognizent of all aspects of their business performance, or more and more people will just stay home.

2  Thank risdeveau
Reviewed January 6, 2009

If you love great wine and excellent food Yummy Wine Bar & Bistro is the place to go. It's a very friendly environment and the staff are great. If you are ever around the area stop by for a glass of wine and food.
Sincerely
Massachusetts

2  Thank tjgarcia
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Having traveled many places around the globe for work and having lived in larger cities in the U.S. I am thrilled to have discovered Yummy wine bar & bistro in Seaside Oregon. The food is easily the best in Seaside if not the entire North Coast and the staff is friendly, non-obtrusive and helpful both in selecting dishes and wines to compliment them. The wine bar has a look and feel like nothing in the area. It is inviting, relaxing with a retro looking fireplace viewable from three sides and seating at traditional tables or comfortable leather chairs and sofas. I opted for a leather chair and was served, to my delight on vintage T.V. Trays very similar to the ones I was raised with. All around Yummy wine bar and bistro is simply fantastic on all levels and a MUST for anyone visiting or living in the area.

2  Thank mixandmatch
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I ate here alone the first time and had one of the tastiest memorable dinners ever. We now come to Seaside just to eat at Yummy. The venision stew with Gnocchi is not to be missed. Service and wine was superb. The chocolate truffle dessert was like a bite of heaven in your mouth. Do not miss this fine establishment.

2  Thank Sas09