“Nice place to stay for a beachside getaway”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Bothell, Washington
“Nice place to stay for a beachside getaway”
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We have three children from young to preteen and the Rivertide was well suited for our family getaway. The condos have an excellent space, they are clean, staff was very friendly and very close to the beach. Enjoyed our trip!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2010

When I arrived in Seaside, OR I was amazed at the city itself, it kind of reminded me of home at the shore, and when I che3cked in to the Rivertide Suites I was blown away by the property and the rooms themselves. The staff was amazing and actually very friendly and outgoing. The rooms were the equivalent of a Downtown Penthouse in New York City! I was so surprised to feel at home that I never wanted to leave. The beds are sooo comfortable and the rooms are quiet, not to mention the huge flat screen tv's and kitchenette units! I have already made return reservations for 2 weeks with my wife and kids!

I recommend this hotel for everyone as it is so close to everything that you don't need to drive anywhere! They have ample safe parking and a beautiful lobby. I may even consider trying to purchase one of these units (if they will let me!) This is definitely my new home away from home.

Also, apparently there is NO TAX in oregon! What a plus!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Bigger then we expected. We were floored with the room(s), thought there was just one room. This place is awesome. You get a brand new, CLEAN, private apartment with updated everything to yourself. Everything was very new and clean. We stayed longer than planned because we knew we would not get a place as nice as this where we were headed to next. If you stay here you will love it. I fished every night right outside my room. The fish are huge and jump up out of the water every few seconds. Oh yes, you are right on the river, within feet!

All it takes to make this place perfect is if I had caught one of those fish :-)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The greatest part of our stay at the Rivertide Suites was the friendly staff. Misty, the manager, was incredibly helpful in getting my husband and I a great room, in finding fun things to do, and in finding a good travel route back to Portland. The hotel itself is also very nice. There is a nice happy-hour in the evening with drinks and snacks. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This will be the place we, the "Tratts", stay when we return to Seaside!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Issaquah, Washington
Reviewed July 27, 2010

My wife, three children and our bearded Collie, Cole stayed at the Rivertide for three nights in mid-July. All parts of the facility were kept immaculate our entire stay. The entire staff was very friendly and checked often to make sure our needs were being met. They offer a continental breakfast in the morning, and cookies in the afternoon.

We were on the 4th floor with incredible views of the river and ocean. Everything in our room looked new, the beds very comfortable (pillowtops), and there were flat screen TVs mounted on the walls in each room. We were in a very quiet location. I wouldn't have changed a single thing. We were woken up each morning by the sounds of racoons playing next to the river right below us, and the birds diving for fish. The Rivertide is just a few minutes away from the main street in Seaside, and a short walk to the beach. We highly recommend anyone to stay there if you are visiting Seaside.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We had never stayed at this "condo/hotel" before, though I have been vacationing in Seaside for fifty years. I booked this place because our usual preferred place didn't have three nights in a row at the time we were at the beach. I went to the Rivertide Suites with an open mind. We wanted to investigate the possibility of buying one of the units for sale. The location has a lot going for it, a very pleasant view of the river and downtown Seaside. The suites are also large and comfortable for a small family. But the overall experience here is less than positive, especially for the prices charged for the rooms.

The first indicator I had that the staff may be less than professional was that I called three times to ask them to e mail me a confirmation on our room. I checked when we arrived to make sure they had my e mail address correct (they did) because I never received any confirmation on my reservation.

We slept comfortably the first night. The beds are excellent (the best part of the room). But, when we returned to our room after our first day's activities there had been no housekeeping done in our room. When I notified the front desk of this I was given some vague excuse about why this happened. I had to leave specific instructions the following day so that I could make sure we had clean towels and fresh coffee. Still the room was not as clean as it should have been. Nor were the hallways or the (one very small) elevator, or the other public spaces cleaned well.

Needless to say we wont be purchasing one of the units and we won't stay here again. This place can't seem to decide whether they are a full service hotel or a do it yourself vacation condo rental. A shame, because it could be a much better experience with a better management and a more attentive staff

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I'm gonna make this short because I just wanna forget about this place asap.
So when you get in to riverside it looks nice but looks can be deceiving. When we got in it smelt like smoke inside the room and there were underwear inside the bathroom it was like they didn't even clean before we got there. Also it's kinda far From town I like the hillcrest better it's closer to town and quiter. I won't stay the riverside ever again we actually cut our vacation short so we could get out of there asap. Don't stay here you will regret it I promise you. Been coming to seaide every year for 26 years and never bee treated like that

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family