“ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed here over mothers day weekend and I just loved it!! We ran into 3 maintenence problems while we were there but they were taken care of ASAP and the staff was very friendly about it. I work in the hotel industry so I know that things go wrong, its just the way of Hotels. Their staff went above and beyond to make sure the room was up to my standards. The rooms are priced appropriatly and they all include Jaccuzi tubs! The hotel has a "crows nest" that is roof access and allows for an ocean view...beautiful at sunset or rise. I would stay here again even with the minor setbacks!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 6, 2010

My family came here the first weekend of spring break. Even though the weather was bad we had a blast. This hotel is the best in seaside, and we've stayed at many of them. It was sort of on the pricey side, but for what you get it was well worth it.
The staff was really friendly and helpful. We arrived at the hotel early (2pm) and our room wasn't ready yet so they took our cell number and even let us keep our car in the parking lot. So we were able to take the kids to the arcade and shopping while we waited.
Our room was lovely, much nicer than I was expecting. There was a full kitchen, nice living room with a dvd player, a deck with chairs & a washer/dryer. It was really really nice to have the kids in their own separate bedroom. They really thought that was neat. Our master bedroom was excellent. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. I liked having a 2nd tv in our room. The master bath had a jetted tub that I would like to have in my own home.
We had a great free breakfast there the next morning. The waffles were really good!
Our only complaint about the whole visit was the swimming pool & hot tub. Both had way too much chlorine. Even though I didn't get my head in the water, my eyes started burning really bad. The kids started coughing too, so we left. The other family in there was having the same problems. After we left the pool room we felt all better. I'm not sure if this is a one time problem or not. We plan on staying there again on our next trip anyway!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank skyjordan23
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Came upon this hotel on Hotels.com while searching for a last min room over our childrens spring break, we were super stoked to find an available decent looking room at a great price. When we arrived at the hotel we were a bit early for check in so the desk clerk took down my cell number and called us when our room was ready...that was great, we were able to get lunch rather than waiting around for our room. When we got to our 2 bedroom top floor room we were amazed it was super clean and huge! Just like an apt, with everything we could need or want. The view was great! We were within walking distance to just about everything Seaside has to offer. We were with our three children ages 11, 12 and 14 and they loved the room...lots of privacy. We did have an issue with the pool being closed but the manager took care of it right away with excellent customer service. We will be going back several times a year that is for sure!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for only one night, but it was very comfortable, and exactly what I expected when I prepaid $78 for the night. The room was small yet well layed out (studio) the balcony was beautiful which I took advantage of in the morning watching the sun come up over the small hills lining the horizon.

The front desk clerk was very nice, as we arrived very late at night driving in from Portland. We called ahead to make sure she knew we were coming, and she said she'd make sure everything was taken care of. It was. I've read a few reviews that said their stay was not as good because there was only one person working, but this did not effect our stay.

The free breakfast was also very good. A very wide selection of cereal, muffins, gravy, and fresh waffles. Nothing better to start a long day of hiking the coast! I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank catietravels
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Attending a conference, no door help for display cases, luggage
Room smelled like Frebreeze and dog vomit
Keys continuing to fail
DVD player in room not working....front desk said too bad because the guy who could look at it is gone
Very little utensils/dishes in room...missing corkscrew....once again front desk said too bad, cannot help due to being only person on call...didn't even offer one up for me to come and get.
Remote controls had dead batteries
When informing the front desk that I would be filing reviews the response was "Good, we need more people, maybe they'll hire more".

Really? Do you really say "good, file a bad review"? Even if it is true the front desk staffer that said "good" should be sent packing.

I wouldn't dream of investing in a Condotel that had such a disturbing lack of service, quality, and genuine customer concern from the help. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank stawilli3
RivertideSuites, General Manager at Rivertide Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

We strive to exceed our guests' expectations. It is disappointing to learn that we have failed. I do appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to grow and correct facility and service issues that we may not always be aware of. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would like to discuss your experience in more depth. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manager. Thank you.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I stayed here for ten days for a graduate school residency. I could not have asked for a more comfortable space to come home to every night. I loved having the option to cook in a kitchen that had everything we needed. The decor was a little model home-like and lacked a little charm, but that didn't much matter because it was very cozy and clean. The bed was amazing and huge! I particularly liked the option of using the heater or the fireplace. Also, the jetted tub is a great addition!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank loremipsumpoet
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Not sound proof. With so many families staying there, this could be a big issue especially if you try to relax, not "have fun" during the trip. Sleeper sofa not comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family