“Surprised by a quality stay in a small town”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Houston, TX
“Surprised by a quality stay in a small town”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for only one night, but it was very comfortable, and exactly what I expected when I prepaid $78 for the night. The room was small yet well layed out (studio) the balcony was beautiful which I took advantage of in the morning watching the sun come up over the small hills lining the horizon.

The front desk clerk was very nice, as we arrived very late at night driving in from Portland. We called ahead to make sure she knew we were coming, and she said she'd make sure everything was taken care of. It was. I've read a few reviews that said their stay was not as good because there was only one person working, but this did not effect our stay.

The free breakfast was also very good. A very wide selection of cereal, muffins, gravy, and fresh waffles. Nothing better to start a long day of hiking the coast! I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank catietravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Portland, OR
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Attending a conference, no door help for display cases, luggage
Room smelled like Frebreeze and dog vomit
Keys continuing to fail
DVD player in room not working....front desk said too bad because the guy who could look at it is gone
Very little utensils/dishes in room...missing corkscrew....once again front desk said too bad, cannot help due to being only person on call...didn't even offer one up for me to come and get.
Remote controls had dead batteries
When informing the front desk that I would be filing reviews the response was "Good, we need more people, maybe they'll hire more".

Really? Do you really say "good, file a bad review"? Even if it is true the front desk staffer that said "good" should be sent packing.

I wouldn't dream of investing in a Condotel that had such a disturbing lack of service, quality, and genuine customer concern from the help. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank stawilli3
RivertideSuites, General Manager at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2010
We strive to exceed our guests' expectations. It is disappointing to learn that we have failed. I do appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to grow and correct facility and service issues that we may not always be aware of. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I would like to discuss your experience in more depth. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manager. Thank you.
California
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I stayed here for ten days for a graduate school residency. I could not have asked for a more comfortable space to come home to every night. I loved having the option to cook in a kitchen that had everything we needed. The decor was a little model home-like and lacked a little charm, but that didn't much matter because it was very cozy and clean. The bed was amazing and huge! I particularly liked the option of using the heater or the fireplace. Also, the jetted tub is a great addition!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank loremipsumpoet
Seattle, WA
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Not sound proof. With so many families staying there, this could be a big issue especially if you try to relax, not "have fun" during the trip. Sleeper sofa not comfortable.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Portland
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We have now stayed at this spot 5 times since it opened. The first time was fabulous, though off-season so not many guests= quiet, everything accessible. All was in good repair as it was new. It has dwindled in every way possible since that stay. The customer service is poor with not much enthusiasm for requests. My husband called at 11 pm Sunday eve.to ask about a promotion in the paper and room availability. The rep was very rude and told him there was no availability (we could see rooms available online), that he was wrong about the promo and kept putting him on-hold. I called the next day and the same person gave me the complete opposite info and was helpful. The elevator situation is atrocious. When checking out we have waited for this sole elevator for 15+ mins (could not take the stairs due to heavy luggage and being post-op). Often times, like today, the cleaning staff have it full of gear and no one else can fit on. We had to ask the front desk for laundry detergent and toilet paper each day. ANYONE W/KIDS NOTE** If you are coming to rest & relax...the worst part is that the rooms are far from sound proof. You can hear every conversation, each footstep in the hallway and each door open and shut making for a terrible night's sleep. Our kids tossed and turned on their very noisy pull-out couch all night) There are large gaps under and on the side of the doors. We had to stuff towels under so we could attempt at getting some sleep. Parking can also be an issue and we have had to park on the street more than once. This is also right next to a half-way house. Never had an issue w that but just an FYI. We considered purchasing a condo, but are so glad we decided against it now that we have been back a few times since. We love Seaside, but will not return to the Rivertide Suites anytime soon.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank seasidelovers
RivertideSuites, Manager at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2010
Thank you for letting us know about your recent experiences at our hotel. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and it is disappointing to learn that we have failed. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us an opportunity to improve. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I would really appreciate if if you could contact me at the hotel so that I am able to talk to you directly to get more information about your experience. Thank you.
Canton, CT
Reviewed January 1, 2010

I stayed one night here as I was working my way up the coastline to Forks, WA. The suite was VERY nice! I was pleasantly surprised by the proximity to the beach (only a couple of blocks away), the in-suite washer and dryer, and the great breakfast which was included in the price. The only issue I had was parking. I was driving an extended cab F-150 and there was a shortage of parking spaces for vehicles of that size. I had to squeeze into a compact car space....not an easy task!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
BC
Reviewed September 30, 2009

A great value. The room had a big fully equipped kitchenette. A cozy room with a sofa, a LCD TV with lot's of channels and a huge bathroom that had a jacuzzi tub & relaxing shower. Seaside is a really neat little town with lot's of little shops and great beaches. It was under 10 minutes to the beach on foot from our hotel. For all this we paid just $85 a night! Could I only transplant Seaside a few hundred miles closer to my home so I could stay there again I would. The only complaints I had, if any, was having to pay $10 a night for wireless internet, and I thought that the indoor pool should have been closed to kids at about 9 rather then 10pm. Also I'm not sure but it would be good if the breakfast was different everyday because after a few nights you got tired of the same thing. Don't go there during the car show weekend the traffic was quite noisy! All in all would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple