“luxurious feel for a great price”
Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed September 30, 2009

A great value. The room had a big fully equipped kitchenette. A cozy room with a sofa, a LCD TV with lot's of channels and a huge bathroom that had a jacuzzi tub & relaxing shower. Seaside is a really neat little town with lot's of little shops and great beaches. It was under 10 minutes to the beach on foot from our hotel. For all this we paid just $85 a night! Could I only transplant Seaside a few hundred miles closer to my home so I could stay there again I would. The only complaints I had, if any, was having to pay $10 a night for wireless internet, and I thought that the indoor pool should have been closed to kids at about 9 rather then 10pm. Also I'm not sure but it would be good if the breakfast was different everyday because after a few nights you got tired of the same thing. Don't go there during the car show weekend the traffic was quite noisy! All in all would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed September 26, 2009

Sadly, we only had 1 night to stay here, but it was our favorite property amongst the 8 hotels we stayed at on our vacation. It's a new and fully equipped condo/hotel. Comfy beds and great bathrooms....the living rooms and kitchens are roomy, too. The place is very quiet and conveniently located to all the Seaside action. Everything you could want in a place. More (or bigger) elevators would have been my only suggestion.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I'm blown away by how perfect this place was for me. I'm traveling alone, and got the studio - the design maximizes the space and the setup is brilliant. The bed (and bedding) is extremely comfortable. The room comes stocked with everything you may need in the kitchen (and all modern appliances), a solid dining room table, comfy sofa, flat screen TV with DVD player, double sink vanity in the bathroom, jetted tub and patio. No noise or odor problems here. I felt very much at home. The staff is friendly and I have no complaints. I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This place was fantastic. Full suite had everything including a whirlpool in the room. So comfortable and relaxing. Only wish I had been on vacation in stead of working. Everyone must see and utilize this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2009

This is a great place to set up a base and see the Oregon coast from. The apartments have everything you need. We had a fourth floor one bedroom suite and it was wonderful. Lovely high ceilings, decor was lovely, the kitchen was very nice, the bathroom was great and the bed was excellent. 2 flat screen TVs, dvd player and dvd rentals in the lobby. Nice view of the river too.

Be sure to check out the 5th floor deck which has a lovely view of the ocean and is open to everyone.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was pretty good - though neither my husband or I can get the biscuits and gravy thing - but hey, they seem popular!

The coffee was actually good which is very rare at hotel breakfasts!

The only downside was the suite did show a bit of wear and tear - stains on the carpets especially. But don't get me wrong - it is very NEW and very lovely - just used by a lot of families that go to the beach so carpet stains seem to be normal in that situation.

We will be going back again. And, I have to add we stayed at a couple of Best Westerns along the Oregon coast (which we will NOT be going back to) and we paid only $20 more for this room on the weekend and we got so much MORE than at the Best Western - same breakfast - BUT, the Best Western was a room not a suite, and although they had tried to "update" it - it was old and tired feeling whereas the Rivertide does not have that feel. Also, having a kitchen and living room too just gives you so many more options. Thanks Rivertide for giving me a reason to go back to the Oregon coast - soon!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband, friend and I are spoiled and cannot stay in hotels with outdated decor and scary bedspreads. We got a room at rivertide that had 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and a nice kitchen area with a cozy living room. The linens were luxurious as well as the bathrooms. The hotel service was great and they offer great amenities. Great location near strip and beach. Also thought it was a good value for two bed/two bath.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2009

I think this is an example of "a camel is a horse built by committee." We booked this hotel as our one stop of luxury on our 10 day drive from San Francisco to Seattle.

The room WAS luxury, a two bedroom spacious suite with sleeping for 6, plush bedding, beautiful appointments, a terrific shower, a jet bath if you want it, 2 bathrooms, 2 flat TVs, luxe toiletries, a nice kitchen and living room, sound proofing, a free washer and dryer, and a view of the river, which was nicer to have when it wasn't raining or nighttime.

The problem, boiled down, is that their superb rooms allow for higher occupancy and expectations and their amenities are not set up to accomodate accordingly. You walk out of the room and get down to the lobby area and you may as well be in an Embassy Suites or a Best Western set up for half the occupancy. You have to fight the crowds for seating and food at breakfast, which is continental deluxe on a small buffet, and for space in the small, cold pool and tiny hot tub. There are even crowds for the pretzels and soda reception in the late afternoon. There's wine and beer too but I saw mostly families packing the scant seating. Hence: the camel results from the committee's plans for a horse. They set up the rooms for more and they set up the property for fewer.

If you have to book during high season, to get comparable amenities at a fraction of the rate in this same location, you might consider the Holiday Inn Suites next door after you research what others have had to say, although I think it's a safe bet that their rooms just wouldn't be anywhere as grand.

So, I still recommend this place, especially if you get a good rate. The staff is very cheerful and helpful. I would add a star if you are able to come when families aren't around or if you're an early riser for breakfast and you can somehow circumnavigate crowds at the pool, which closes at 10 PM for families and 11 PM for adults.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family