“Loved the Rivertide”

Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Vancouver, BC
“Loved the Rivertide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

Our family checked into the Rivertide for a couple of nights in the Queen suite. Our room was on the second floor facing the city - tried to get one facing the river but none were available. I was a bit surprised that the balcony is shared with your neighbour. It felt a bit awkward to open the sliding balcony door.

The room was terrific with full kitchen and utensils, dining area, sofabed, LCD TV, DVD, etc. The room itself was very clean; however upon arriving, we noticed the housekeeping on the first night was a bit off. A couple of the towels had stains as did a couple of the glass cups. The extra blanket in the closet had chocolate bar wrappers in them. The second night of housekeeping was definitely better.

The continental breakfast was decent with hard boiled eggs, fruit salad, bagels, wafels. The bagels looked unassuming, but they were definitely very good when you try them.

They will soon be updating their website to mention that WIFI is NOT free in the room. There was going to be a $10 charge for my two night stay; however, they were happy to reverse the charge when checking out.

• Liked — Full suite accomodations; Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed in a Queen studio suite which included kitchen, dining room, large bathroom and washer/dryer. The room was new and modern and comfortable enough for 2 ppl. The location is near the river and a few blocks from the beach. The complimentary breakfast is only so/so - no fruit or yogurt included, only stogy bagels and bland cereals. Wouldn't really recommend this hotel for a couple as it is really quite family oriented. Next time we'll stay down the highway in Cannon Beach.

• Liked — New, clean and modern
  • Disliked — Breakfast, our balcony was shared with the room next door
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

Great hotel! Now I understand the number one rating for this hotel in the Seaside area. The hotel is 2 blocks away from the main strip where the restaurants are in Seaside.

We stayed in a ground floor 2 bedroom unit. Very modern, super clean and above all new. It opened about a year ago. The suite was very spacious. It had a kitchen with 2 bathrooms. Sharp LCD TV's in the suites. The people working at the hotel were super friendly.

The pool area is smaller but nice pool. It gets quite busy at night. The contiental breakfast in the morning is included free which is nice. The breakfast area did get very busy so we took the food back to the room one morning. Parking is free in the hotel parking lot.

We even tried extending one more night but it was completely sold out. Will definetly stay here again.

phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2008

What a pleasant suprise we had at the Rivertide while taking a girls trip along the Oregon coastline. We had a 2 bedroom suite overlooking the river and beyond to the ocean.
The accomodations were top-shelf and the staff went above and beyond to help us with dining suggestions, map questing our next day's itinerary, and calling to make sure everything was up to our expectations once we go to the room.

The cozy lobby w/fireplace was a great venue for a full hot breakfast in the morning.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Liked — The newness/cleanliness of the hotel and the incredibly friendly staff
mesa, arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

I stayed just 1 night at the rivertide suites while driving up the oregon coast for a short vacation...This all suite hotel was simply gorgeous!!..Full kitchen and balcony with flat screen tv's in the living area and master bedroom and a jetted tub in master bathroom...Right on the river with river or mountain views..I would love to go back and stay longer...

• Liked — the rooms and good location
  • Disliked — nothing bad about my experience
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

Beautiful condo type property. We had the 2 bdrm and 2 bath condo type room. Very spacious and clean and fully stocked in the kitchen with all you would need. Front desk was extremely helpful with directions and suggestions. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

portland, oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

I decided to check out the hotel while I was in the area...possibly look at one of the one bedrooms or a studio. I came through the doors and the place is gorgeous and the staff seemed friendly. key word SEEMED. When i asked them if I may preview a room bc I was planning on booking a res. they rudely and quickly told me there was nothing available for me to even peek at. I was confused and then told them "Well, I really would like to stay here and I would like to know what I'm getting before I just reserve a room." The mans story changed. "Oh yes we actually DO have a few rooms available." At that point there was no point in questioning him about his prior statement. I don't know what his problem was but he was very rude to me. I thought he was quite snobby maybe bc i was wearing shorts and a tank top. the place is very nice, but jeez, we're at the beach! then i saw him step out in his nice suit, wearing sloppy looking skater-style shoes. so i have no idea why he was so rude to me! The place is gorgeous, as well as the room that I looked at. They just aren't customer service oriented, which in my book, isn't worth it. Customer service should be number one when you are dealing with people that want to go on vacation and stay at your hotel. First impression is everything, especially when it's coming from the hotels front desk.

• Liked — GORGEOUS
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank i_love_vacays
RivertideSuites, General Manager at Rivertide Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2008
I apologize for the misunderstanding. The guest service agent misunderstood and thought you were looking for a room for that night, not for a future visit. The hotel was completely sold out for that particular evening. We strive to provide excellent customer service, so it is really disappointing to know we failed you. I appreciate the feedback, as it provides us with an opportunity to coach our staff. Thank you.