“Some good but won't go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rivertide Suites

Rivertide Suites
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Seattle, Washington
“Some good but won't go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Cons: Parking spaces are way too few and way too tight. Finally parked across the street in the Holiday Inn Express lot. Management shrugged their shoulders and said "sorry." The big minus was the bathroom. Ill-designed and ill-lit. Toilet/shower area, the only light was the heat lamp, in an overwhelmingly dark granite space. The toilet paper holder was so close to the toilet you were sitting partly on the roll, and I mean literally. The double sink vanity counter was small, little room for stuff, sinks took up all the space. Can't see why two sinks, then. Lighting over the mirror was so bright in the very dark granite space there was no background contrast, so you had to lean right in under it to see for hair and makeup. I'm not explaining it well, but ... Also, there was no lip on the sinks, so with double handled faucets water went everywhere, like you find in so messy public bathrooms.

Other: patio light out, bed lamp light out, dishwasher rack broken, tub wouldn't drain no matter what I did. Tub bottom, while standing in a couple of inches of soapy water was very slippery. High-side of jet tub made getting out of the slippery tub dangerous. However, morning front desk was quick and professional, and sort of shocked, when making the list for maintenance.

Pros: affordable, large one bedroom suite, attractive, near everything, quality furnishings, etc. (Though no put-your-feet-up place in the living area to watch TV.) Great bed, lots of pillows. Front desk staff excellent, except for the night person. Right on the river, neat view.

I wish I could be more positive. But this was my experience. I think I'd have been okay with the whole thing if it hadn't been for the bathroom. The parking just made it worse.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in August 2011 in a two bedroom suite. We had high expectations based on the reviews we saw on Trip Advisor. We were disappointed. The two bedroom suite is really small. Especially the second bedroom is TINY. The common living area in the suite is also small. We had problems with the HVAC system (either too cold or too hot). The hotel seems to be worn down even though it is fairly new. The walls are thin, lots of noise transmission from neighbors above or on both sides.
Oh for $250/night, I would expect to see WiFi included. We were not expecting Ritz Carlton, but we were expecting better. The beds are very hard.

1 Thank travel1234563
roseburg, oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was my second visit to this hotel, and it did not disappoint. The room was clean and comfortable (an anomaly for the Oregon Coast). The staff was friendly and helpful. I had booked a river view 2 bedroom suite, and when I entered my room it looked out over the busy road and I couldn't see the river. I contacted the front desk, and within 3 minutes we were in our new room with a beautiful river view. The free hot breakfast is pretty good, and the atmosphere at breakfast is calm and relaxing. The location is convenient to central downtown Seaside, and you can walk to the beach in about 5 minutes with a small child in tow.

Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

This was the most superior hotel we stayed in, in the last several years. The quality of service was excellent, amenities were great, and staff was friendly. Overall this is the place to say when visiting Seaside. We are definitely coming back.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is a very nice place to stay, but it is not so much a "beach" experience as a stay at an upscale, efficient, Hotel with extras in the "finer things" department.
The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean.
Would recommend if this is the type of getaway you seek.

Room Tip: Mountain view room nice, bring bug repellant for evenings.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our family stayed here for 3 nights and absolutely loved it! We had originally planned to stay 2 nights and travel the coast, but after seeing these accommodations we decided to stay here an extra night. The staff is friendly and helpful, even the housekeeping staff smiled and said good morning. A nice end to a day of sightseeing is the manager's reception. The manager Pat goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. The hotel is extremely clean, and the rooms truly have everything you need for a more than comfortable stay.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

The Rivertide Suites in Seaside was a great place to stay for my family and I on my recent trip down the Oregon Coast.

Upon arrival, I could tell this property was extremely nice. Everything inside the lobby was clean and modern, and I was warmly greeted. Actually my first experience started with the Rivertide when I made my reservation - I originally booked online months ago, but had subsequently noted the price had dropped by about $50. I had called in and spoke to somebody, who promptly adjusted the pricing for me. Great service - thanks!

Continuing with the checkin process, I was informed that I had been lucky enough to receive a complimentary upgrade! So instead of the 2 bedroom mountain view room I had booked, I received a 2 bedroom Ocean View! I was very happy about that.

The suite itself is absolutely gorgeous. Everything was clean, well laid out. We had a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a dining area, a living area, and our own deck. I absolutely adored this unit, it's actually nicer than my home!

We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon Manager's reception that night, where they served complimentary spirits and snacks (chips, pretzels, etc.). An extra nice touch (they post a schedule in your room, which I assume varies by dates). The manager himself was a very friendly man, who made us feel very welcomed.

We made use of the kitchen - but we found that according to the list of items supposedly present in your room, we were short quite a few. Nothing to worry about here, though - I let front desk know and they said not to worry if we were concerned we'd be charged for missing items; but they could get them for us if we needed them (we didn't).

The next morning, I was looking forward to breakfast having experienced a wonderful time thus far, but unfortunately was disappointed. If I had to find a weak link in the Rivertide, this would be it. There were fresh fruits, boiled eggs, and pre-made waffles. Unfortunately, i found the fruit to be overly fermented for my taste, the boiled eggs far too cold and hard, and the waffles to be soft and not crips.

Overall I was very pleased wtih my stay here and I would be happy to return. The parking lot can be a little bit small during the busy season I think (when I returned at night I almost couldn't find a spot!). Next time, though - I'll probably either just cook in my room or hit McDonald's.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family