“Excellent Sushi” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Olympia
“Excellent Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were looking for something fairly healthy for lunch last weekend when touring around Seaside & decided to give this place a try. The sushi was amazingly well prepared! As in any good sushi restaurant, you need to be willing to wait a bit for your order to be prepared & should be concerned if its delivered like fast food. We had ordered an assorted luncheon plate which included tuna, salmon, shrimp, eel and a crab california roll. Because neither of us are eel "fans" I requested a replacement for the eel, chef's choice, which was not a problem at all. We also ordered the spicy salmon sushi & felt that it had just the right amount of flavorful heat. Service was good, but the edemame that we ordered never made it to the table ... only disappointment. Refills on the soft drinks was a nice touch. We will definitely stop in Tora's again when looking for Sushi in Seaside. Thanks for an excellent meal!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Kalama, Washington
“Surprisingly good Japanese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I like the food. It's not terribly expensive, it has a nice atmosphere, and the staff when you see them are friendly. I enjoy the happy hour Sake, good drine - good price..--

Visited March 2013
“Surprisingly very good sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself a sushi connoisseur of sorts . Being from Vancouver BC, we have many fake sushi places and many authentic sushi chef places as well. I can easily see the difference when I walk into a place. a fake cannot duplicate a real sushi chef. Impossible. This place is not a sushi chef but it is probably the best sushi I had from a non sushi chef.
I was hesitant at first but pleasantly surprised after.
I will go back
Good job chef

1 Thank ipaidforit
“It was just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a craving for sushi but didn't want to eat out, so we ordered take out. Hardly anyone was in the dining room at 7pm on aFriday night but somehow it still took over an hour for our food. When we did finally get it back to our room to eat it, the tempura was like cheap, greasy panko and the tempura dipping sauce was like watered down soy sauce. Yuck! The himachi was very fishy tasting, which means old, right? I liked the spicy tuna and the maguro, though. And they did give us two free rice ice cream balls for the long wait, which was nice.

Astoria, Oregon, United States
“Sushi sushi Sushi!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Best sushi around and i love the happy hour they have! Good deals from 4-5? I think! call or check out there website but seriously if you like sushi you will love this sushi chef he's brilliant!!

Visited January 2013