“the most awesome pancakes ever!! however the um billboard is kind of promoting cannibalism lol”
Review of Pig 'N Pancake

Pig 'N Pancake
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,777 helpful votes
“Go For The Swedish Pancakes!”
Reviewed September 10, 2008

We have had breakfast here twice in the past week. This is a very popular place for tourists in the area, even after Labor Day during the week the place has been slammed during our past two visits. Our first time here I enjoyed the eggs, sausage, buckwheat pancakes with the Boysenberry syrup. The service was pretty slow but attentive. Our past visit yesterday I sampled the Swedish Pancakes with a side of fresh strawberries, these were perfectly prepared and very good, the fresh strawberries were succulent and juicy. The Swedish Pancakes (4) filled the entire plate and were dotted with powdered sugar. Orange juice and a side of link sausage rounded out the meal nicely.

My husband and son enjoyed their omelettes, this place is very spacious and can accomodate large groups easily. They also have locations in nearby Astoria and Cannon Beach. I'll return again just for the Swedish Pancakes and the fresh strawberries!

1 Thank syrahgirl
Penticton
“Every morning for a week - great every time”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

The thing about this massive restaurant (seats 240) is that it opens at 6am. With my 13.5 month old son out of his routine while on vacation, we were waking up at 5 am every morning. The coffee at P&P was a lifesaver.

The taco omlette is fantastic. Get it with the buttermilk pancakes which are light and fluffy, and HOT on the table. So delicious with the marionberry syrup.

The denver omlette is fantastic. My wife and I split it (it was so big).

The ham and eggs with pancakes is very filling. I upgraded to the pecan pancakes and was thrilled with what I got.

Another glorious little detail about this place is that you can get the regular coffee for 1.95 or an outstanding gourmet organic dark-roast coffee for $2.50. I was the first person to order it every morning (I know this because they always had to put a new pot of it on) but it was always to me within 5 minutes. It is outstanding.

A couple of observations:
While there is seating for 240, you don't feel squished anywhere (and we sat in 4 different areas in our 5 times there).

The original owners still run the place, and their passion shows in the behavior of their servers. All the waiters and waitresses that we had checked on us VERY regularly, but never interupted. They also all say "I'll be your cashier when you are ready" after they give you the bill... this is so efficient.

This place is clean. I never got a dirty glass or piece of cutlery. The carpets, windows, counters were all spotless.

An high-five goes out to one female waitress there... Younger girl, light brown hair... wish we could remember her name. She served us a couple days and was very thoughtful. One morning we must have looked pretty drained because she filled up our coffee regularly and gave us coffee in to-go cups when it was time to leave.

We felt like regulars in this place because we went 5 straight days. I think we spent about $80 total over those days, so enjoy the fact that this place is not expensive at all.

This place is Seaside.

1 Thank rydersdad
Seattle
“Great find for decent food in Seaside”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Crazy name. Great find. If you visit Seaside...for the kid in all of us, you need to do the bumper cars and top it off with dinner at the Pig 'N Pancake.

1 Thank FreqravelerSteve
fairveiw
“good food good people just plain ol' good”
Reviewed September 30, 2007

the pig is one of my personal favorites as well as a favorite of many others as well it is one the funnest dining experiencens poss. as well as a nice one the food is great always served ina decent time frame always hot never cold always fresh and always taste's great !! it is a defanite choice if your looking for awsome food in a awsome place.