“A Nice, Clean place to stay”

Hi-Tide Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
Henderson, Nevada
“A Nice, Clean place to stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at Hi-Tide for 3 nights and we have not one bad thing to say. Upon check-in the staff was very nice and tried to get us in earlier than the normal check in. We requested a roll-away and it was there upon arrival. The maid service was great and they were all very nice. I have not one complaint. Is it a glamorous hotel? No... But, it's a nice, clean, pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor - better view than the 1st.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Longview, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked at the Hi-Tide because our usual place was full. The room was clean, though quite dated. I'm talking Harvest Gold tub and sink dated. Pressboard furniture and unframed mirrors everywhere dated.

But we had a beautiful view of the ocean and a very nice balcony from which to enjoy it. There was also a gas fireplace and a small kitchenette.

The beds were comfortable and the service was fine. And the prom is right out front, and it's only three short blocks from the turnaround on Broadway.

We would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the second and third floors.
Yakima, Washington, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The staff was rude from the start. We arrived in Seaside early and called to see what time check-in was, to which they replied "between 3:00 and 5:00, what? When we finally got in our room, it was clean, yet very dated! Our refrigerator didn't work! I called the front desk to let them know. We didn't hear back for a couple of hours, so I walked over there. The front desk manager said "oh yes, I don't have a maintenance person on staff until tomorrow." She didn't offer to accommodate us in any way. We looked over our bill, which didn't make sense, we found out that we had been overcharged $30...mistakes happen, but we didn't even get an apology! They only had 1 ice machine which was on the first floor, so inconvenient for the top 2 floors. The view was great but there are several other hotels with the same view, I'll try one of them the next time!

3 Thank Amber M
Washington
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Hi-Tide many times over the years and never had a problem. This is an older hotel, but its clean and you can stay oceanfront for a decent price. The rooms are good sized and they are one of the few hotels on the prom that have decks on their ocean front units. The hotel sits back far enough from the prom to provide a bit more privacy than some of the other hotels, I would still recommend second or third floor if available. There seems to be a lot less foot traffic on this side of the prom, and its just a short walk to the turnaround.

Room Tip: If you need to stay on the ground floor, this is the hotel for you, other hotels in seaside are so c...
New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We checked in early, and ok we will admit that the room décor could use some updating, and yes the internet is a tad slow, but when you consider that the location is perfect, the customer service is perfect, and the amenities are perfect, the value is out of this world, how much can you truly expect? We even got a discount for staying here for being aaa members... we truly cant ask for much more! Stay here, or don't, its up to you but we will be back.

Room Tip: Ocean View, third floor all the way!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed June 16, 2013

There aren't very many things that I think are wrong with this hotel, just not very many things that I think are right, either.

The Good: The view is awesome! My wife and I booked a "partial view" room, and we were warned that partial was "extremely partial." We did not expect much, but the view was lovely. The hotel was in a great location, just a couple minutes walk from the promenade, and just a hundred yards from the beach. The rooms were clean, and everything functioned nicely.

The Bad: The decor is dated. My wife and I just got over it, but we would have preferred more up to date rooms. Our room on the third floor was very warm, and required leaving the window open. It turns out, people in Seaside are noisy almost all of the time. Value is to be questioned. We found a "buy one get one" coupon online, so we paid half price for our room. Having stayed here once, and with many other options in Seaside, there is NO WAY that I would pay full price. This isn't the cheapest hotel in town, but I suspect some of the hotels that are cheaper would be nicer. Service was not good. The people at the front desk were not exactly unfriendly, but they were not friendly by any stretch. I can't quite put my finger on why. They did not seem pleased at all to have our business. They did not offer any tips for visiting the city. I did not feel welcomed. Every time I had to be around them I felt a little uncomfortable or out of place.

The Ugly: The "Continental Breakfast" was ridiculous. An air-pot of drip coffee, Jug of Sunny D, The tiniest of a prepackaged not very good muffin, and an orange. That was it. Honestly, this hotel should either not advertise their breakfast, and provide it as an extra, or do some SERIOUS ramping it up. Honestly, out of everything, the breakfast is what irritates me the most. We planned on having breakfast at the hotel as part of our trip budget because of what the hotel said on the website. Mistake. Don't promise me a breakfast if you're not going to give it to me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joe C
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My daughter and I visited Seaside for the Memorial Day long weekend. The beach is about 100 yards from the motel. Unfortunately, there was a water 'rinse off' area right outside our window, and people were very noisy at all hours.The decor was dated, but the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The kitchenette was perfect for breakfasts and lunches which saved us a lot of money! The hot tub and pool were clean and warm. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family