“The service was horrible and the food was only marginally better.”
Review of McKeown's - CLOSED

McKeown's
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: American menu including Kobe Burger, salads, sandwiches, fresh seafood and steaks. Also our Irish specialties such as Cottage Pie and Fresh housecooked corned beef. Fresh,local products when available. Crab tank where you can pick your own Crab (when available) Full bar with craft cocktail list. Happy hour with food and drink specials. Adjoining Irish Pub with 6 TVs and great selection of Irish Whiskey and Beer along with craft beers and full bar. NFL SUNDAY TICKET ! ALL DAY SUNDAY HAPPY HOUR IN THE PUB FOR 21 AND OVER.
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I visited this restaurant because it came highly recommended. There were two of us and we visited early in the evening - before 6:00 pm. We waited a long time to give our drink orders and when we did, the drinks came out separately. It took over 5 minutes to get the mixed drink after the beer was brought to our table. We ordered appetizers and meals. The appetizer was the only good part of the meal. Our dinner selections arrived at almost the same time as the appetizer and one of the two meals was cold to the touch. The server did not check back with us until she was waved over. Her excuse was that she forgot the meals in the back. Skip this place. Its just not worth the aggravation.

Reviewed September 2, 2009

Our group of 5 had drinks and dinner at McKeowns and loved it! We had drinks and steak and found it reasonably priced and really good. We arrived fairly close to closing time on a Friday night and still received good service and did not feel rushed at all.

Reviewed August 27, 2009

The food was the best I had while in Seaside. I had lunch (which I would have skipped Norma's for dinner and eaten here instead) ordering the fish and chips which were perfect. The server was friendly and polite, but not the most attentive. I would recommend to friends with the pretext that the service may not be the best.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

I've not yet tried the food other than a dessert, I hear it is pretty good, but the service is the issue. I've stopped by twice during the week, sat at the bar. The first time it took almost 10 minutes to get waited on. Remember...the bar is where you make money hand over fist, a customer should always have a drink in hand and the second it gets low you should be selling him another one. The second time it was slightly better, but completely impersonal at the bar since the bartenders were also waiting tables. The folks next to me at the bar waited for well over 45 minutes for food, and the place wasn't even full. Several times the waitress ran over and promised them "2 more minutes" and it took much longer. Hint...if you are going to seat a particular number of people, be prepared to serve and cook for that number. It looks like they have too much dining room for their kitchen abilities perhaps. I'll give the food a try next week, and hopefully the service is better.

Reviewed July 26, 2009

This is one of my favorite restaurants to go out to when dining in Seaside I have been going there since it originally opened. I especially like going for $5 burger night on tuesdays. I have always had friendly service and the food has always been great. McKeown's is always the restaurant I recommend to people visiting to Seaside.