“Great Food..Service Needs Work”
Review of McKeown's - CLOSED

McKeown's
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: American menu including Kobe Burger, salads, sandwiches, fresh seafood and steaks. Also our Irish specialties such as Cottage Pie and Fresh housecooked corned beef. Fresh,local products when available. Crab tank where you can pick your own Crab (when available) Full bar with craft cocktail list. Happy hour with food and drink specials. Adjoining Irish Pub with 6 TVs and great selection of Irish Whiskey and Beer along with craft beers and full bar. NFL SUNDAY TICKET ! ALL DAY SUNDAY HAPPY HOUR IN THE PUB FOR 21 AND OVER.
McMinnville, OR
“Great Food..Service Needs Work”
Reviewed August 27, 2009

The food was the best I had while in Seaside. I had lunch (which I would have skipped Norma's for dinner and eaten here instead) ordering the fish and chips which were perfect. The server was friendly and polite, but not the most attentive. I would recommend to friends with the pretext that the service may not be the best.

Salem, Oregon
“Need attention to service”
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I've not yet tried the food other than a dessert, I hear it is pretty good, but the service is the issue. I've stopped by twice during the week, sat at the bar. The first time it took almost 10 minutes to get waited on. Remember...the bar is where you make money hand over fist, a customer should always have a drink in hand and the second it gets low you should be selling him another one. The second time it was slightly better, but completely impersonal at the bar since the bartenders were also waiting tables. The folks next to me at the bar waited for well over 45 minutes for food, and the place wasn't even full. Several times the waitress ran over and promised them "2 more minutes" and it took much longer. Hint...if you are going to seat a particular number of people, be prepared to serve and cook for that number. It looks like they have too much dining room for their kitchen abilities perhaps. I'll give the food a try next week, and hopefully the service is better.

Warrenton
“Favorite restaurant for a local”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

This is one of my favorite restaurants to go out to when dining in Seaside I have been going there since it originally opened. I especially like going for $5 burger night on tuesdays. I have always had friendly service and the food has always been great. McKeown's is always the restaurant I recommend to people visiting to Seaside.

Seaside
“Superb!”
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We love Mc keowns! The best happy hour in town by far, the best crabb cakes we ever tasted. With the new dinning room the atmosphere is delightful and we bring all our out of town guests to Mc Keowns for happy hour and dinner. Everyone has enjoyed both the food, great wine list (very affordable), and wonderful service. Dennis and Nancy Mc Keown are always on hand to please.

vancouver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

The coffee tasted like dishwater! The make your own coffee at the hotel with coffeemate tasted better! We ordered fish and chips, the chips were so cold and soggy, they tasted like yesterdays leftovers tossed on my plate. The wicker seats were so old and worn out that my husband said it felt like he just sat on the floor to eat his dinner.