“Best meal of the whole vacation”
Review of McKeown's - CLOSED

McKeown's
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: American menu including Kobe Burger, salads, sandwiches, fresh seafood and steaks. Also our Irish specialties such as Cottage Pie and Fresh housecooked corned beef. Fresh,local products when available. Crab tank where you can pick your own Crab (when available) Full bar with craft cocktail list. Happy hour with food and drink specials. Adjoining Irish Pub with 6 TVs and great selection of Irish Whiskey and Beer along with craft beers and full bar. NFL SUNDAY TICKET ! ALL DAY SUNDAY HAPPY HOUR IN THE PUB FOR 21 AND OVER.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Spent a week in Seaside, and this was easily the best meal we had. I had the fish & chips, wife had seafood pasta. The fish & chips is HUGE, don't order unless you're very hungry! The service was exceptional, and the cost was much less than predicted. We'll be going here again.

1  Thank Vancouver_WA

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped in after Memorial Day for dinner. Seaside was pretty quiet but McKeown's was open and serving great dinner. My wife had the seafood trio and I had the crab-stuffed salmon. Both entries were done well...very delicious! We recommend both of those dishes.

My only hold out for a 5 rating was that we were confused as to what type of restaurant this was. We read about a Irish pub and restaurant, however, the food was not Irish. It was great, just not Irish. The decor and music were also confusing to us. Music was a very eclectic mix that moved from light jazz to reggae to big band. The decor seemed more Italian than old-world Irish.

In spite of all that, we recommend this place as a great stop whenever you are in Seaside. We'll be back!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

McKeown's had good food but it was a bit of a let down.
The food was really good...a bit pricy but good.
What was really disappointing is that they really didn't have a very good lunch menu.
After we sat down and ordered then I noticed way back on the side wall a big black board with specials on it that you couldn't read. The waitress never said a thing about specials and I would have ordered the special. So if you go make sure you look to the wall on your right when you go in and find the big blackboard.
They also had crab at the other end of the restaurant...it was not on the menu and again the waitress never said a thing.
The only reason I even noticed the blackboard and the crab was because the bathrooms were down that way and you had to pass them.
The bathrooms are extremely DARK! My 7 year old didn't want to stay in there...not enough lighting and the walls are painted dark burgundy, browns and black. One very small light in the whole bathroom. Couldn't use the first stall because when you open the door it hits the toilet. Kinda funky...not sure how you are supposed to get in it. Squeeze through I guess.
I hope they read the reviews they get and try to update some of what I mentioned because I think they could be a 5 star restaurant if they fix the bathroom, the special board at the door, and round out their lunch menu. I would go there again and try their breakfast. Heard it was good.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just happened to be outside McKeown's when we decided we needed a bite to eat. It wasn't busy and the atmosphere looked very comfortable.

I had the lunch combo, Clam Chowder & Roasted Turkey Sandwich on Rye while my wife had a Bacon Cheeseburger and fries. The chowder was very nice, the sandwich was good but I was surprised when my wife said the burger is as good as the best we've had. I think she went as far to say it may be her new favourite. That says a lot!

Prices were reasonable and overall I would go back for lunch . . . just to try the burger!

1  Thank LTimar
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was recommended by some local friends and we are glad we had dinner at this place. The food was fantastic and we received wonderful service. We got a bowl of clam chowder, chicken marshal, and cedar plank salmon. It was delicious!!! If I ever go back to Seaside I am definitely planning on stopping by this amazing place.