“It's okay. They have really good steamer clams though!”
Review of McKeown's - CLOSED

McKeown's
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: American menu including Kobe Burger, salads, sandwiches, fresh seafood and steaks. Also our Irish specialties such as Cottage Pie and Fresh housecooked corned beef. Fresh,local products when available. Crab tank where you can pick your own Crab (when available) Full bar with craft cocktail list. Happy hour with food and drink specials. Adjoining Irish Pub with 6 TVs and great selection of Irish Whiskey and Beer along with craft beers and full bar. NFL SUNDAY TICKET ! ALL DAY SUNDAY HAPPY HOUR IN THE PUB FOR 21 AND OVER.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It's okay. They have really good steamer clams though!”
Reviewed November 25, 2007

It's okay. They have really good steamer clams though!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,778 helpful votes
“Excellent Sunday Brunch at a Reasonable Price at McKeown's!”
Reviewed August 16, 2007

The past two Father's Days, my daughter has taken my husband out to Sunday Brunch here and raved about it, so I was anxious to try the brunch here. It had been awhile since I had breakfast here, and I remembered it being very good.

I was considering having the Crab Omelette, but when I saw the buffet set up in the back of the restaruant, I knew this was what I wanted to have for brunch. The buffet is only $10.99/pp and includes made to order omelettes, fresh blueberry and banana muffins, sausage, Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon, link sausage and fresh fruit. It is an all you can eat buffet and very good.

I had the "everything" omelette and it was perfectly made with sides of sour cream and salsa, very yummy. Everything else on the buffet was fresh tasting and our service was very good. Orange juice was not included in the buffet and they accept the Seaside Food and Fun Card which offers a 10% discount on your meal every time you dine here until May 2008.

Ambiance at Mc Keown's is very charming, checkered table cloths and warm, friendly atmosphere. They are located in the Historic Gilbert District in Seaside and are also open for lunch and dinner. Two thumbs up! :)

3 Thank syrahgirl
CA
“My Favorite Resturaunt in Seaside!”
Reviewed July 5, 2007

We Tried them all! We had to travel to Oregon for an event and then stayed for the 4th of July. We tried everywhere until someone local suggested McKeowns. WOW what a surprise, its NOT located in the middle of all the taffy, rundown storefronts or tacky tourist shops, but up a little farther on the main street. Walking distance to the hotels and the ocean but in a much nicer part of the street. The menu is so varied. Our favorite are the scones in the morning with the homecooked breakfast. But later I had the Fried artichoke hearts and oh my where those good! I had to order more. We had steaks and they were the best we had on our trip. I had rib eye and my husband had the Baseball cut of filet. Mine came with onions on top and smothered in Mushrooms... Yum! We went back for lunch the next day because we could not find anything good anywhere, so I had a burger and he had the chicken sandwich. Really good and cooked to perfection. The frys are homemade like In and out burger. I had a lemon drop and he had a great bloody Mary. Service was great and had a being at home kind of feel. Cannot wait to return next year!!!

1 Thank Roadstraveledfar
Oregon Coast
“Breakfast!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2007

Great breakfasts! I have never been to McKeown's for lunch or dinner but I have been there six times in the last year for breakfast and it's great! You must have their Sunday Brunch!

Washington
“Great Place To Dine!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2007

What a great place to eat !!! We have a vacation home here in seaside.. We heard about McKeown's through some friends and decided to try it out , had breakfast there ,the food was excellent not to mention the atmosphere and great friendly servers.. Decided to try dinner there as well.. We were very pleased with there wide selection on the menu and the great Family Style salad .. I would love to get the recipe for the Balsamic dressing .Great Lemon Drop Martini's We Highly reccomend this spot for Brekfast, Lunch,or Dinner!!.

3 Thank BagelLover