“Spring break was a disappointment”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Seaside
seaside oregon
“Spring break was a disappointment”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The room was not real clean front desk called me at 1030 pm thinking I was another room we where sound asleep I was not told my reservation was non refundable when I booked it and when I wanted to leave early they said sorry we can't refund your money and the break fast is not very good I wanted to leave cause the hotel was kind of gross the holiday inn express in Astoria is very nice in comparison

• Stayed April 2014
KatieMParsons, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I would like to thank you for choosing us as your destination hotel and for giving us the opportunity to know your opinion about our services. This is an invaluable tool we use to improve in search of the excellence. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
We try to accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After our bad experience in Newport staying here was so nice and relaxing and enjoyable. The place is clean the staff friendly and helpful and what they advertise is what you get and maybe more. Breakfast was great and had a variety to choose from. It was Spring Break and busy but that did not take away from the place and how they keep things clean and neat and quiet. Housekeeping was very helpful with cleaning our room while we were out shopping and did it with a smile. We would stay here again and recommend this place to families and singles. Having the safe deposit box available to guests is a plus and front desk staff very professional and friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor would ask for the fourth floor next visit. We are quiet walkers and som...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We are very glad that Holiday Inn Express & Suites has made an impression on you during your visit to Seaside, OR. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I was looking for a place for a business retreat where I could work in comfortable surroundings, undisturbed. I found it at the Holiday Inn Express in Seaside. The room was remarkably quiet, given that it was spring break and the hotel was full of families. The room accommodations were extremely satisfying -- clean and very comfortable -- king bed (LOVED the pillows), couch and coffee table and desk with chairs. The microwave, good sized refrigerator and coffee maker meant I could take all my meals in the room with one trip to the nearby market. It's maybe a 3 block walk to the beach where I could clear my head and get some exercise. The hotel staff was excellent in both welcoming, positive attitude and service. Thank you for a wonderful, productive stay -- I accomplished my business goals and felt rested as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wow! We are very grateful for your kind words regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Seaside OR. We are ecstatic that we have exceeded your expectations. You are right, we are definitely centrally located and just a few blocks away from all the great local attractions that Seaside has to offer.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Clean, reasonable room rates, wonderful & courteous staff, very good selection of amenities, nice rooms, and an overall great experience & stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone! Brett, the evening front desk clerk was so sweet. I came down to ask a question & mentioned I missed the cookies and he said he had saved me one.

Room Tip: Well worth the price to get a suite ( a living room separated from the bedroom) . We drove down fro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betty G
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Seaside OR. I will make sure Brett knows of your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The staff at this hotel are extremely courteous and sweet! I stayed here at the beginning of March with my two young daughters. As I was trying to check in, it was difficult for me to carry my youngest daughter and my luggage. One of the housekeepers saw me struggling and took it upon herself to help me. Her name was Tara, I believe. Shandelah checked me in. She was very energenic and bubbly. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Clean rooms, towels smelt freshly laundered, and over all, wonderful staff and hotel. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone. Great environment.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view of the river right behind the hotel. Beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
KatieMParsons, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Seaside Convention Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass the kind words to the Shandelah, Tara as well as the rest of our team. We hope to see you again soon.
North Bonneville, Washington
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had a wonderful time. The staff were all very helpful and friendly especially Dorothy who booked our room for us. The rooms were great with a beautiful view of the river. We will definitly be coming back

• Stayed March 2014
We are happy to hear you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. I will pass your kind review to Dorothy; I know it will put a smile on her face.
Looking forward to your next trip to see us!
Tri-Cities, Washington
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Hotel room was spacious and clean. Free Breakfast was good, they served warm cinnamon rolls that were very yummy and the attendant in there was very nice and helpful. The Spa was nice and hot and was very bubbly. My husband and I enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed March 2014
We look forward to your return trip to stay with us.