“Good but stick to seafood”

Dooger's Seafood & Grill
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver Island, BC
“Good but stick to seafood”
Reviewed August 9, 2007

I had the admiral's platter which has calamari, prawns, halibut, salmon, cod, and razor clam. You can get it fried, sauteed, or cajun. I got it fried and it was absolutely delicious! I love the way they cut their calimari lengthwise so you can actually taste it, and the halibut was the best I've ever eaten. My SO had the steak which was fried (seared) and not the greatest, but the salad with shrimp is fantastic and the portions are large. Excellent service as well. Definately the place to eat!

2 Thank LadysmithTraveller

Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another great meal!”
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Every time I venture to Seaside, Dooger's is a must for me. It's been my favorite restaurant in Seaside for years. The food and service are great. Tonight I had the crab legs...tasty and delicious!

Oregon
“Food and atmosphere need extreme make over!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2007

I do not recommend this place to anyone. I am not that picky and i've been to all kinds of restaurants from casual to upscale, like i'm sure most people have, BUT, i gotta say this place was over priced for what was served. Anybody that liked the food at this place probably hasn't been to a good restaurant with great food. My husband ordered the "crab fettucini and i ordered the 7oz sirloin steak. The crab fettuchini was a joke! It looked like it was covered in mayo and they laid 2 little pieces of crab on top, i guess so that they could call it crab fettucini. The portion was tiny too. To make matters worse they screwed up on my order.. They brought me a 10 0z greasy steak in stead of the 7oz i ordered. They charged me $17 for my plate instead of $13 for the 7oz i ordered and the pasta was $22!!! We were totally dissappointed in the food and service and the atmosphere was so dated. You just can't charge those kind of prices for Denny's type food and dated atmosphere. They looked like they started to update some things but gave up on the rest.. My advice would be to , first ,serve quality food and then i would invest in some white tablecloths, get rid of the junk you have on the table tops and just have a nice candle on all the tables. The chairs that are there now gotta go big time. Get some nice new ones. The waitresses should have a dress code. They looked sloppy and ungroomed! Otherwise the prices need to be brought waaaaaaay down. Sorry, i don't recommend this place to anyone and i will not be going back. There is a couple of nicer restaurants 3 places down. i wished i would of noticed them before we ate at Dooger's.

5 Thank lizzywizzy
Oregon Coast
“Change of ownership?”
Reviewed February 20, 2007

Dooger's in Seaside is not the same! Felt rushed the entire time when I had lunch there this weekend. It was a busy weekend but I had dinner later that night at a different seafood restaurant in Seaside that was much busier (most likely due to the fact that it was dinner time) and felt completely at ease. The waitress didn't even crack a smile, the chowder was hard on my stomach (normally classify it as my third favorite chowder in the county), and for the first time ever, the food seemed overpriced. There just wasn't any quality in our experience. I won't be back for a long time--maybe next winter when it's slow again.

4 Thank slurpee
St. Louis, Missouri
“A must try in Cannon Beach”
Reviewed October 24, 2006

The smoked salmon alfredo is to die for!!!! My partner and I originally ate here because we were staying at the resort across the street and it was an easy walk. I had crab alfredo and my partner at the smoked salmon alfredo. The portions were sizeable (we both took home leftovers). The quality of the food was excellent. We both loved the smoked salmon alfredo so much that we went back later in the vacation and both had it. The ambiance of the restaurant is fairly average on par with a typical Denny's I would say, but the seafood was divine. Its probably not the place if you want a first class full service dinner, but if you want great seafood for a good value, go and try the salmon!!

3 Thank docmjc