“FLY by this one..”

Dooger's Seafood & Grill
Ranked #4 of 109 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Desert
“FLY by this one..”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We went to Dooger’s last night for our daughter’s birthday dinner. This restaurant was recommended by the concierge where we were staying. Upon entering the restaurant we were not impressed by the hostess, or the person that brought us water and said nothing. The waitress was friendly and patient with our indecisiveness.
Our salads were served first promptly followed by the main course. I asked for the rib eye steak and shrimp. I could not believe it when there was a fly in the butter that was with the shrimp. The steak was real small and quite thin like no rib eye that I had ever had. The waitress said that I would not get charged for my meal. No manager came out and I thought that was odd. I felt like they did not believe the fly was in the shrimp.
The rest of the party was happy with their meal and my wife said the clam chowder was the best she has ever had.
We had five adults and three children ages 1, 3, and 5 in the group so since we had over seven we were charged an 18% gratuity. I thought that was odd but we did have 8 people in our group. The waitress probably missed out on a few percent of a tip even with the drama involved in the meal.
To sum it up I would not eat there again and talked with the concierge who apologized for the quality and service at the restaurant.

Seattle, Washington
“Consistently average - a reliable option where you can know what to expect”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

The food at Doogers is good for what it is ... reliable decent food at average prices. It's located on Broadway (the main street for tourist shops), so a table near the window can be perfect for people watching. The menu has a good number of options available, and they do at least some degree of substitution (not sure how much, but they were willing to accomodate the few changes we requested). There were a few people waiting in the entry area when we arrived, but we were seated within 5 minutes. The staff were all polite and friendly; but service was slower than we would have liked.

Overall, I would be willing to try Dooger's again - I wouldn't cross town to get to them - but if I were in the tourist area or on the central beach area and it were suggested, I would hapilly go along with the idea.

Hillsboro, Oregon
“We like it better than Norma's”
Reviewed March 17, 2009

We've been eating at Dooger's for years and never had a bad experience, however we never go when there's a line out the door! The food is always great.

Langley, WA
“Ho hum...”
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Yawn... We were met at the door by the young hostess who only said one word to us. "two?" She lead us to a table and dumped the menus down and walked away without a word. The waitress was not much better. It was like they were all bored to death.

This place is nothing special food wise and if you are looking to save a buck keep looking. Overpriced, unfriendly, so-so food...

OR
“YUM!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I always go here when I come to seaside. the food is just great but I always get the shrimp and cheese sandwhich with a side of chowder. I love it! the service is above average and the atmosphere is pretty mellow. most of the people that go here are 30 years older than me but it is just great.