“Nice Lunch”

Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Seaside
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped in for a quick lunch and thought the food was really good. They are famous for their clam chowder which we had. I found it to be a bit thin but the flavor was superb! I just prefer a slightly thicker chowder... others may not. The price was right for this resort town. Would go there again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We always eat at Dooger's at least once during every trip to Seaside. My now grown children insist it be the first place we eat when visiting Seaside together. We always look forward to the dinner salad with the shrimp and the garlic toast. For my meal I often order the sole, but this past weekend I ordered the prawns and they were awesome!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We hadn't had the opportunity to eat chowder at Dooger's for many years. With all the fabulous dining establishments in Seaside, we still made this our first stop of the trip. The environment is simple and family friendly, with genuinely caring staff. But what brings us back time and again is the chowder. It is unique because it is thin, not thick, but packs a buttery flavor that can't be matched. We stopped at other famous chowder restaurants as we drove down the 101, but none compared to the special treat we find in the chowder at Dooger's in Seaside!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Doogers was recommended to us. The service was friendly and prompt. Clam Chowder well done! it was a great place to take our family. Enough food to make the teenagers happy.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I love this restaurant!!!! The food is always excellent. The seafood is fresh and can be prepared many ways. My favorite is the Cajun style crab legs or prawns. The salmon is also a family favorite.