“A cinnamon bun to remember”

Camp 18 Gift Shop & Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in Seaside
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had read the information about this restuarant in some local hotel literature. When we passed through Elsie, Oregon, without seeing Camp 18, we decided that it was no longer a viable establishment. Then suddenly through the light rain, it came into view. This was just a stop along the way since we had already eaten breakfast and it was too early to eat lunch. The cinnamon roll was large enough to feed four. It was the best that I had ever eaten. The waitstaff were excellent. An added bonus was to meet Mr. Gordon Smith, the developer and owner of the Camp 18 Restaurant. We will definitely return to this place for a full meal, which we understand will not dissapoint.

1  Thank Earl C
There are newer reviews for Camp 18 Gift Shop & Restaurant

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We passed Camp 18 heading to Cannon Beach from Portland. After a day of sightseeing on the coast, we decided to go back to Camp 18 for dinner. It was worth the drive! Beautiful scenery coming and going and the food was great. We ordered the Oriental Salad, Taco Salad, Chicken Fried Steak, Jack Burger, and Riggin Boss. Everyone was happy with their meal. My son and I split the burgers. The 2/3 pound Riggin Boss has a great (Huge and Tasty) bun and comes with a side of Au Jus (great add to a burger) - don't shy away because of the size. The 1/3 pound Jack burger was delicious. I also sampled my daughter’s Chicken Fried Steak which had great seasoning. My wife and daughter enjoyed their salads and all agreed it was worth the extra drive time and extra miles to come back there to eat (and that is saying something on a vacation that covered over 2400 miles of road). The restaurant itself has a big and open feel to it and they have bird feeders outside of the large windows, so you see wildlife as you are eating. The service was great as well. This will definitely be a stop on our next trip to the Oregon Coast!

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

It was nice to sit down and eat while watching the birds fly outside. The structure of the building is amazing. The food was really good. The witness wasn't vary friendly she just took our order and brought it out. She didn't even have a smile on her face. She either hated her job or had a bad day. She wasn't very friendly but she got the food out to us fairly quick. The price is decent because the portions are huge. I recommend this place. I just hope the waiteess will be in a better mood.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

What a great place!
We were on our way to see Haystack Rock and it was raining and overcast so we didn't stop. We took a picture of the rock, had lunch and headed back to Portland. I stopped to see the old logging equipment that was scattered all around the place. (Turns out there is a Loggers Museum there too) After getting wet and cold we went in for coffee and what a surprise! you could spend an hour or more just looking around the place. The wood work, all the photos and artifacts on the walls and the size of some of the logs used is unbelievable!
The coffee was good and I got a cinnamon roll. It was huge!
I watched as the guy at the next table devoured a big steak so I broke down and ordered a bowl of stew to help warm me up. The service was fast and friendly and the portions were substantial.
Next time I'm anywhere near this place I'm stopping for the full treatment.

1  Thank Midnighterider
Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all, I'd just like to say that this is nowhere near Seaside. The town is Elsie, which is 25 miles east of Seaside. I realize Elsie is a small town, but it still exists. Secondly, I am writing this review 9 months after eating there so I apologize that I don't exactly remember what I had, but I remember that it was delicious. But more than that, this was just a wonderful place in general. From the interior of the restaurant, to the old logging equipment outside, to the gift shop, and the logging museum; this is more than just a place to stop and grab a bite. I can't wait to try their lunch or dinner next time I go.