“Best Cinnamon Rolls On The Planet!”

Camp 18 Gift Shop & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Seaside
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,779 helpful votes
“Best Cinnamon Rolls On The Planet!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stopped by here for breakfast with my son and his family yesterday on the way to Portland. We had been here before but it had been awhile. We were seated in the back by the fireplace which was glowing and cozy. We ordered one cinnamon roll to share and it was huge! Enough for four people to share. My breakfast was the 2x2 which was a large pancake, scrambled egg and two link sausages. Marionberry syrup was yummy on the pancake. My daughter-in-law enjoyed her Eggs Benedict and my son loved his French Toast.

The ambiance is very cozy and the gift shop is fun to browse through after your meal. We got a cinammon roll to go for breakfast the next morning we loved it so much. I highly recommend this place for a fun stop with delicous food. :)

• Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Fredericksburg, Texas
“An Experience, Not Just a Meal!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband, our best friends and myself were traveling to Cannon Beach for a getaway. We are from Texas and they took us here for breakfast. It was wonderful on all levels. Such a beautiful place to eat & the breakfast was wonderful. So much of it! A full pot of coffee on the table & it was refilled promptly when we drained it. Very attentive staff. The only glitch was the gravy that came with the biscuits. It was pretty tasteless, but that won't keep me from giving Camp 18 a 5 Star rating. We enjoyed the logging camp artifacts and the Memorial Museum. Just a wonderful place.

• Visited September 2012
Seaside, OR
“Delicious Food and Excellent Value”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Camp 18 is located on HW 26 eighteen miles from the coast. The restaurant is located in a large log-style building with seating in excess of 100 diners. We've eaten here for Thanksgiving Day (but be early since the line-up can be long) and enjoyed it immensely. Our favorite meal by far, however, is breakfast. Any trip to Portland from the coast almost always results in our stopping here due to the wonderful breakfasts which do not break the bank.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Seasider48
Vancouver, Washington
“Service is awful, food was sad”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Last week we stopped by for lunch, we ordered a bowl of chili, french toast and pancakes- not real hard. After 45 minutes we had our drinks but no food, but they were serving tables that came in way after us and no one had spoken to us or paid us any attention after dropping off drinks long before. We left. Other tables had also waited quite awhile for their food if they got it. I noticed that they bus tables by 2 people bringing a large ugly cart with bins by (even for a table for 4) to carry it all off -because at table after table most all the dishes are still on the table as people leave- not removed during your service. Last time we were here we also waited like 40+ minutes to get like a tuna sandwich and some other simple things. When it arrived it was really a slapped together stale mess - it is rare to get something made with such indifference. We will not be stopping by again.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kathleen H
Vancouver, Canada
“Treat in the woods”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I first noticed the restaurant when we were driving in HWY 26 from Portland to the Oregon Coast at night but we did not have a chance to stop. So on our way back after our stay at Cannon Beach I made it a point to stop there for breakfast. It was a delight, the food was excellent. Everyone shared /enjoyed an order of cinnamon...the biggest I have ever seen. Their boul of clam chowder is a meal in itself. Their omelets were exceptional. I was sooooo excited because the restaurant was also like a logging museum.

• Visited August 2012